Which modern gaming console is better for the value: Xbox1 or PS4?

I have heard PS4s graphics are better, but XBOX 1 is backwards compatible and the entertainment options are better than PS4. I get my Tax refund back soon and am looking at either option.

• Xbox1
  • PS4
  • Results/Don't Know
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:
im surprised noone has said xbox 1 was anygood yet

725

Most Helpful Girl

• xbox one... (but i own all three current gen consoles from msft, sony, nintendo)

If you check quality rankings the current xbox one is the single most reliable consumer product of its class on the market. Not just among consoles, of it's class.

Xbox live is heads and tails above sony's online service.

MSFT has an ecosystem that ties to PC, sony does not.

XBox 1 S supports UHD BD playback, PS4 does not.

THere are some grpahics differences that favor Sony, but that gap has closed with the the X1S nd will be closed or better than with scorpio.

The game catalogs are a matter of personal preference but roughly equivalent. I tend to prefer msft's exclusives over sony's with the racing games and the shooters whereas Sony's tends to be more third person type stuff.

I tend to think you get more value for the money with xbox one cuz you can get some fantastic bundle deals out there right now after MSFT had a killer holiday.

However the deciding factor in my opinion is if you want to game with friends lot, and you can only buy one console you should go with what your friends have. Otherwise, i'd stick with xbox.

Most Helpful Guy

• Get a pc man, save up a whole lot

What Girls Said 6

• I play more games on Xbox1 and PC, so, I'm very biased to those. I haven't played a play station since PS2.

• I've got a ps4 but will be getting a xbox one as well when it's a bit cheaper. The ps4 has more games for me. It depends which one will be better for you personally

• If you want better exclusives and blockbuster games Xbox One is better, if you want stability and competitiveness in killzone and CoD PS4 is for you.

• Ps4❤️

• I dont play video games but my younger brother loves his xbox one so I'll go with that.

• I have had the Xbox 360 and PS3 both are good but Xbox1 has voice and camera included too. My brother has the XBox1 while my dad has PS4. But since my brother has played both Ill ask him

• PC! Hooked up to your TV, with a controller. Cheaper games. Easily upgradable... One piece at a time.

What Guys Said 24

• I haven't really used either of them. I'm gonna say Xbox one though because I've had the original Xbox and Xbox 360 and I want to be loyal lol

• The way I see it, look at the exclusives for each systems and decide which one has exclusive games that are only on that system that you REALLY REALLY want to play or own.

Or, if you play online, etc., with your buddies locally, decide from which console the majority of them own in your gaming group. If it's 50/50 half of them own one system and the other half owns the other system then go back to deciding on whether if exclusive titles are the most important to you.

Also take into account of the various re-released editions of the consoles, for PS4 there is PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro. XBox One has XBox One S, with some models having 2 TB hard drives. But if you want to wait and have the patience wait until the next revision of Xbox One, codenamed "Project Scorpio", before deciding what you really want to get. I heard Project Scorpio will give Xbox One a significant upgrade for it to be able to fully support 4K gameplay and as well as virtual reality.

So in the end it really depends upon what it is that you are really interested in, and what you really want.

• for pure gaming go with ps4 as all in all it better for that purpose. If you're planning to do anything other than gaming with your console I would get an Xbox 1. Though the both has some exclusive titles for each that may also interest you in picking one or the other

• Xbox 1 gives you better "Free" games and Backwards compatibility is amazing! (they need to add more games to it though)
    And ps4 does look better, unless you have the 4k availability of the Xbox one and TV, then Xbox one beats it. But I believe the Xbox is cheaper and the online is the same price. so you get more for the money by choosing Xbox. But it's all about preference, since PS4 has some exclusives that some people will like more, and Xbox will have other exclusives different people will like more. But I'd still go with Xbox for the value. but again, it's all about preference.

• How to pick a game system:
    Top priority: which one do your friends play on? Get that.
    Second priority: what exclusive titles do you absolutely need to have? Do you need Forza and Halo and Gears of War? Or Uncharted and Gran Turismo?

Backwards compatibility is not that great. Unless there is a specific old game you can't live without, don't make that a selling point. The 360 was backwards compatible with the original Xbox and I used that feature maybe half a dozen times (for Halo 2) and many old games end up having their online features turned off anyway.

Honestly, as a die hard 360 fan, the Xbox One did not and does not interest me. Neither did the PS4, but I'd sooner get a PS4 if I had to.

What I did end up getting was a gaming PC.

• I have an Xbox 1 .. its great.. and has easy entertainment apps. Paying a yearly fee though is highway robbery! I should of bought the PS4

• I love the Xbox over the Playstation

I don't have too much experience with the PS4 but Sony's has so many software issues, they have so many updates and I like the Xbox controller a lot better.

Xbox can play nearly all Video and Audio formats without converting, you plug in a USB and can watch whatever...

Sony for some reason can't play a simple AVI file?

• Xbox 1 is too fucking, "I want to control everything and make you pay through the nose for it. And the games will be... Eh." Sort of deal. Also, at least you can use the PS4 as a decent blue ray.

• The graphic different is only in the resolution, and you can never notice the graphic different unless you're playing on a huge TV with a big display..
    Xbox one resolution: 720
    PS4: 1080

• I'm loyal too Microsoft. Thus time they build a very good product unlike the X 360 and it many problems. The problem today with Microsoft is the lack games vs ps4 line ups

• Xbox one is undervalued big time right now. Cheap but still good

Ps4 has kept more of it's value

• they're basically the same. just depends which controller you prefer and which one has exclusives you want to play.

• Right now I'd say the ps4 out of the two consoles for the simple reason that their exclusives are amazing.

I own a ps4 and a PC capable of gaming (bought due to the coruse I am taking needing a powerful computer) and honestly I'd recommend getting a PC. It'll last longer and can be down just a cheaply.

If you want a console then the ps4 can be picked up cheap now due to the neo.

• No idea tbh I only use my ps4 for netflix 😂😂

• Combine em both for me the ultimate console.

• PC is better than both, but a PS4 is better than an Xbox1.

• A video game console is never better than the other most of the time, because both of has their ups & downs that makes them both special in their own ways. Comparing these 2 consoles to each other is a waste of time in my opinion.

• ps4, it holds its value more than the Xbox

• Ps4 all the way man!

• PC, git gud.

• new PS4 PRO has released. go for that.

• Xbox! You'll love it

• Besides better hardware, PS4 got all the best exclusives, Xbox is meh.

• I think ps3 is the best because playing online is still free.