What are the best books/e-books out there about self-disclosure and honesty/deception in online dating?

I'm writing a paper comparing and contrasting online to real life relationships, specifically the self-disclosure aspect... how much we choose to tell people about ourselves, how much of it is honest, and how much of it is a lie.

Any good books/e-books that have sections on that?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm no expert, but talking to friends, the online dating guides are all 'how to' books that don't go into the dangers and pitfalls of online dating. You know, how to set up your profile, how to get more dates, etc. I suppose someone who writes about on-line dating isn't going to be someone who wants to discourage people from doing it, so they don't talk much about the problems that you mention.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Online dating is fairly new, so I don't know if there are books that exist on this yet. Why don't you search your county's library system homepage?

• Google it.