Who still buys books and magazines?

Since everybody now has a nook or kindle or some sort of e-reader,do you still buy the actual books or magazines or do you get it digitally or both.Also what kind of books and magazines do you get?

I still get the actual books and magazines but I sometimes do get them on my nook.I get Esquire,Gq,Maxim,Playboy,Sports Illustrated and Entertainment magazines like Empire,EW, and Total Film.As far as books go I get graphic novels and some others.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do have a kindle, and it is more convinient for me. If I didn't have one, my future would probably look like one of those people would hoarders books. I have lots of books and magazines at home. lol

Despite that. it's nice to a physical hard copy of a book or magazine I'm reading. It's just nothing like touching the cover and flipping the pages. And you don't even have to keep them charged to read them. Plus I just like the look of having them.

What Girls Said 6

• I actually really don't like nook or kindle. Idk, there's something about opening a book and not getting a small dose of radiation. xD hahah but really, reading a book is more personal, sharing it with your friends and you can see notes they wrote and pages they creased. I try to use mostly used books so that the pages and paper is essentially being reused. For magazines, I usually buy if its for a plane ride or something but because I'm also trying to save $ as a college student, I tend to read them online. Once I'm farther in life I have a few subscriptions in mind.

• I love books and I really do not want to get an electronic one. I like physically holding a book and I'm not into a lot of technology honestly. I usually buy fiction, either YA or Adult. I also buy a little bit of manga as well, not so much magazines though.

• I buy books often, and occasionally, magazines

• i buy magazines and manga

• I buy books.

• I've never been into magazines, but I still buy books all the time. I'm proud of my little library :-)

What Guys Said 9

• I still buy books. I can go to Goodwill and get a great paperback for $2, read it and either donate it back to Goodwill, pass it on to a friend, or give to an organization that lends books to its members.

I still work a labor type job and keeping an e-reader with me would get it dirty and risk damage; and in the car would overheat and risk theft.

I expect that later I will get and e-reader. With that you can pick the book you feel like at the moment, not being limited to just one you brought with you. And you have a handy reference library to look stuff up. They are great and I will move to one eventually.

• Don't subscribe to any magazines myself. Have an ereader, but rarely use it. Even though you can carry a couple thousand books around with less than the space and weight of one it just doesn't appeal to me. I like paper and ink.

• I don't buy books but I do loan them from libraries and I sometimes order monthly magazines if there is a good offer. Otherwise I sometimes buy them individually. I only use e-reader type of machines for studying.

• What is this book/magazine ? Is that something on the interwebz ?

• Nothing beats a good book ^.~

• I bought a book last month.

• I despise Kindles! I find books to be much easier to hold and read for prolonged periods :P

• I prefer actual books. However if I had an e-reader and if the e-reader version of a book I wanted was much cheaper than the book version, I'd buy the e-reader version.

I rarely buy magazines though or newspapers. Most of the info is available on the Internet.

• I buy books, but I don't buy magazines at all.