Do you prefer books or e-books?

I like that an e-reader saves so much space. Apart from that factor, I prefer books. They feel more permanent, and I spend so much time looking at screens that I like to take any opportunity not to look at a screen. Also I find it’s easier to look through and find things in a book. Unless the e-book version is significantly cheaper or unless I feel I don’t have much space in my home at the moment, I’ll generally buy the book version.

Also I like getting authors to sign my books. I especially cherish the ones from authors who are now dead, especially the authors who’ve written me personalized and funny messages.

Most Helpful Girl

• books, I love having them. and watching the covers. And when you are done it feels better when you have it in your room than wasting storage on your computer or device

What Girls Said 16

• Books! I interact with my hard-copy texts. I like being able to annotate in them and record notes for future reference. I have an enormous library filled with hundreds and hundreds of books, and would not part with a single one.

• i prefer books, because they are more traditional and can be signed by author or a person whoboughit for you...

i like the smell of new books, hopethats not too wierd

books I can give to my children one day just as I inherited some rrally old books from my parents and grandparents

and somehow books remind me of dull summer nights when I was a child and I couldn't fall asleep, I always read Harry Potter then xD

• Ebooks ! It changed my life. My handbag is so lighter now and its good for the environment. Plus you can read in the dark, its very pratical.

• I love to hold and smell the pages of books

• I prefer reading with a physical book in my hand. I don't like ereaders.

• Ebooks there like a drug I need to read when I'm in a bad mood and that's were I turn too!

• Books over e-books anytime. ^_^

• Definitely! I don't know what it is but I love actually holding the book and being able to flip the pages haha

• I prefer having physical books rather than e-books. I like flipping the pages instead of scrolling or whatever. It's a better experience in my opinion.

• Books, holding a book and turning the pages is all apart of the experience and joy of reading.

• Books, for sure.

• E reader

I was one of those people that absolutely refused to get an e reader because holding a book is awesome. But...e books are so much easier

• Books

• I prefer books

• Books, definitely.

I have a collection, my own personal library.

I think it's sad that they're dying off, they really are special.

Electronics break, crash, etc. I know my book won't suddenly lose its words or stop letting me turn the page, haha!

• Books

What Guys Said 9

• I like e-readers in theory. cheap or free books whenever you want wherever you have access to a network but I find that I can't read them as attentively as physical books

I just get distracted or feel tired. i think i like the activity of turning the pages (as dumb as that sounds), i also don't really like not knowing when a chapter is going to end.

• i prefer books much more, magazines as well. nothing against ebooks, but I like having a book in my hand more.

• IMO, a paper book should come with a free ebook download. The cost of that is negligible, and you could choose the best way to read for you. Maybe read the paper book at home, but read the ebook while commuting or traveling.

• I think ebooks just don't have the same feel and I don't know.. experience as a real book. Yes they are more convenient, don't require as much space and easier to get etc, but I think the inconvenience is kind of part of the fun of reading a book if I'm making any sense at all. I like the feeling of the book and it's paper.

• I like being able to physically hold a book in my hands. I like turning the pages and seeing literal progress as to how far I am into the book. I also have a tendency to almost 'massage' the forthcoming pages as I read lol. It's some comforting thing I do.

Even still, I have read a couple e-books and I didn't mind it. I have a Nexus 7 and the resolution is fantastic so it's great on the eyes. That's why I love to read new/newspaper apps on the tablet cause it's so convenient. But with long books again I prefer a physical book just because it feels right haha.

• E books. Hands down.

You don't even have to go to the library, just log on & download a book.

• I prefer books instead of e-books.

• I don't know. I like both. Like you said, it's easier to find something if you actually have a copy. I don't know if my version of the Kindle has proper page numbers either, so it's nice to actually have the book if I have to quote it for a paper or something.

I like e-readers because I'm not limited to one or two books while I'm out somewhere and not limited to what's on my shelf when I'm at home. I can read whatever I'm in the mood for.

I agree with MrOracle. When you buy a book, they should include a digital copy. That would be nice.

• Audio books