After over a year, ex girlfriend contacts me to come over for a favor.

So, my ex ended our relationship over a year ago. We've loosely kept in contact. Once every two months or so we might have a short text convo. Just the usual "hey how are you?, I'm fine, keep in touch" type. This is usually initiated by her.

Just a note, I live two hours away.

Now, out of the blue she contacts me to ask me to come over and install an appliance, as I'm fairly handy. She said she'll "buy me dinner or whatever" in return.

I can't be the only handy person she knows, and I'm two hours away.

I've never kept in touch with an ex, so I have no experience in this type of thing. Am I right thinking this is just an excuse to see me?

Forgot to mention, when she contacted me to ask, we spent a few hours on the phone catching up. There were some halfass apologies from both of us. Was the first time we'd spoken about our past relationship. She started the apologies, and also briefly asked about my dating life. Most of the convo was catching up on the last year.

Also, she isn't hurting financially, hiring someone to do the install would be much more than a dinner anyway.

Not sure if this helps.
Damnit...install would NOT cost much more than dinner.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 3

What Guys Said 1

• Selected as most helpful

It's an excuse to get you back and to reconnect on a deeper level...

• she wants to try again maybe

• Maybe... but you should try to help... if she don't seem interested the f*** the bitch... 4 hours+ down the drain!

• it can be an excuse and it can't be at the same time. that saying about buying you dinner is somehow inviting but maybe she is just need a hand or who knows... everyone has needs. but if it's no problem for you , then go and see what she really has in mind then you can react properly.