Ex won't talk to me :(

We broke up about 4 months ago without even a proper explanation why we broke up at the time. Since then he hasn't spoken to me at all, I've text him a couple of times just friendly texts to ask if he's OK but he never replies. I see him at work all the time and all his friends are fine with me but... Show More

argument was just about something silly, very silly. I text him today asking for some advice on something I knew he would be able to help me with. it was the first time he text me back since the break up but VERY straight to the point texts.
he text me this morning asking 'hows sam?' (this guy that my ex knew liked me the whole way through our relationship) even though nothing will ever happen with this guy. Surely this means he's thinking about me in that way, ?

he's replying to my texts but I don't seem to be saying the right things and he's just being sarcastic/rude back. maybe its time to give up! thanks for the advice :)
he text me today saying 'ok il be civil' then asked me about a guy there has been talk about me seeing since him. he was quite chatty and then went cold. is this a really silly sign or positive? :) xxx
we've been texting again today and I said to him 'why can't you just be civil' and 8 hours later he replied saying 'OK I will be' and he said I hope iv realized how much I was a d*** to him. then asked me lots about guys he thought iv been with. opinions?xx
he text me this morning saying 'forget it, I can't be bothered to be civil to you' I know he's being a d***, do you think he's just pitying me or just being nasty or feeling bad?x
since the last update, we have been talking and he wants to be friends. I didn't hold my breathe but I'm just going with it for now. Now we've agreed to friends with benefits, which is good for both of us as we know what each other likes.advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmmm. That doesn't help. I figure if it was enough for him to break up with you, it was enough to mention. I know that an ex broke up with and still wanted to be together, but she would say stuff like "I hope you're doing ok." which didn't mean anything to me. To me it meant she was happy she found someone and just liked giving me some pity.

My point is, he may very well like you still. I needed more info to give you better advice. But from what I little I do gather, he's resentful. I don't know why. Resentment goes away though, but if not tended to, can just become this permanent bitterness. He may want you to fight a little for HIM. Again, I don't what you guys argued about. If he didn't want to text you back, he wouldn't. It's not hard for guys to not text. It's not natural to us lol.

Be direct with guys. You more or less get a direct answer in return. Tell him you still have feelings for him and you wanna know what he thinks about that. If you are sorry for something that you may have done, apologize. Tell that you will let him decide what to do, but your gonna stay outta his way until he has made a decision ( because he can't just drag you along, just because you want him. You gotta show you are worth having again.)