What's something you're not looking forward to about having kids?

Obviously this question is directed to those of us who want kids.

I'm personally not looking forward to changing diapers and cleaning off poop lol

10164

Most Helpful Girl

• Potentially having a child with special needs (physical or mental) that my husband and I may not be able to handle on our own. I know that sounds really bad, and saying this will probably upset some people here, but it's the absolute truth.

It doesn't mean we won't love them or care for them any less than other parents. It's more about the possibility of not being able to adequately meet my child's needs and give them the best, most comfortable life they deserve. Caring for someone with special needs can be extremely emotionally, physically, and financially taxing.

I'm not afraid of the other routine things that go along with raising children. I only really worry about a scenario like this.

Most Helpful Guy

• for me it would have to be watching the love of my life go through the pain of childbirth.
    I would also constantly be worried that my girl and the baby are constantly healthy!

I know that these worries are nothing compared to what women must go through and so on behalf of men everywhere you girls are awesome!!!

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 100

• My daughters nearly 13 weeks old, so far the only thing I don't particularly like is she's starting to pull our hair lol. I don't really want her to grow up but that's inevitable. I'm not looking forward to teenage years but I'll get some experience with my step son becoming a teenager. It will be different her becoming a teen though since girls an be more difficult. I'm also not looking forward to when she can argue lol

• Child birth. It hurts a lot they say.
    And just them failing me, although if I suceed at educating them like my parents educated me it shouldn't happen.

I don't want my children to be influenced by the media and peer pressure and end up being promiscuous, doing drugs/alcohol/ smoking , failing academically , be disrespectful and not compassionate and not going to University.

And the obvious one is that I'm afraid of having them with the wrong man lol. A man who doesn't share my values and ideals. I have no idea if the guy I'm with and I can really make it happen one day but I'm glad we see eye to eye in most things related to this subject.

• Omg that baby! its so damn, cute lol

I know you're directing this to your fellow breeders, but if I did have kids, I think child birth is pretty scary. Like this is kinda shameful to admit, but last year I had baby fever, pretty bad. I even wanted to call my ex and tell him to get me pregnant lol But anyways, I had to literally watch videos of child birth and even C sections para que se me quite. And it did. Its fucking gross and scary at the same time. It looks so painful, and if you ask most women, it is. Some of them feel like theyre dying, others feel like its the worst pain ever. no way no way no way.
    That and boogers. kids I see usually have snot and boogers fucking disgust me lol

• Nappies/being pooed on.

I'm not a big fan of sick either but having a young cat and 8 years working in a cafe/restaurant I've cleaned up a fair bit of sick (and also urine from old people but moving on).

I'm told you get used to it but spending time with my friends who are mums, they change their babies and hold down a conversation whereas I'm politely trying not to gag.

My brother has 2 children and the oldest (back when she was a baby) wasn't well and being hard to settle. She wouldn't have a bath unless my brother was in the bath with her playing with her ducks with her. Skip ahead, she had an attack of diarrhoea... her mum scooped out the baby and left my brother sitting in a bath of his daughters poo.

• I'm not looking forward to the big lack of sleep I'll be getting. that's the scariest part to me , lol, from infants to age 11-12 I'll be having to get up with them and help out whether its up at 3am getting a bottle or up at 7am getting them ready for school. Exciting lol

• LOLOLOL. Here's my opinion:

1. You have to be sure that you raise them correctly based on their personality, behavior and stuff so they don't felt different or left out.
    2. You have to prepare for emotional breakdown, rebellious phase, et cetera, and that's the part where you have to be clever since this part will have a huge impact on their life.
    3. You have to know that they're another human being who have a different personality, so I can't taught them the way my family taught me.
    4. I have to do a research about the environment that we live in, that she hangs out and the possibilities that may occur like: "Is my neighborhood is drug free or not" and I have to teach them about the things, I don't want to be like: "You can't do this!" since it's basically triggering their rebellious soul to do that. I just ask them that if they want to do it, then do it with me. If they want to do it with their friends then go ahead as long as I can look after them. And I can see the way they react, if they're addicted I'm going to explain the benefits and the infirmity, so the decision is up to them. If they're starting to cross the line I would remind them about their goals and things so they'll realize not to waste time on something that'll regret them, it's okay to be a teenager and enjoy life as long as you don't screw up your dreams. I don't want to be a traditional nor modern parents, but It took a lot of hard work to do that since i'm so lazy to do everything so yeah.

• I agree with your point. I have a 10 month old niece who I visit often.
    She's really really cuteeee and all but her sleeping schedule is really odd.
    So if my kid is like that, I'd have to stay up till 4 AM or so till he falls asleep.
    That and you have no time left for yourself. My cousin said to me that "since her birth, I don't remember a single time when I had my lunch/dinner calmly, without any rush".

• Maybe the fact that I can never just go somewhere alone or do something like watch series. I have to plan around my children then and can't just do things cause I feel like it in the moment. Your kids became the center of everything then!

• Waking up at 3am for diaper changes...

• I think not having free time to do what I want to do, having to struggle more than normal to take a flight somewhere or to dine out at my favourite restaurant or to visit a waterfall or to go to a casino - the additional physical sacrifice necessary to push strollers up hill on my trips to the garden.

• Losing sleep

• waking up at random times at night
    listening to the baby cry all the time
    changing diapers
    money
    not having the freedom I have now..

I actually hate the idea of having kids lol but I guess I would want one at some point, but I haven't even met the right dude, so... I don't know I don't really think about it.

• I am not looking forward to baby blues. I have read about many women who goes through that, some of them gets PPD too. I read about their struggles and i definitely do not want that.

I am not looking forward to potty training either.

• For me, I’m mostly dreading their teenage years. The crying during baby-dom doesn’t sound like great fun either, though...

• the loss of spontaneously, having to worry about whether the baby will be quiet enough to do this or that. Having to worry about babysitters and the fear that I won't have a life or a day out here and there. Anyway babies arn't too bad it toddlers that gets everywhere.

• there's nothing I am not looking forward to

• watching them grow and finally letting them live their lives independently... eventually, u have got to let go of your kids..

• Having that child grow through those dreadful teenage years. I have a great relationship with my mom but I I remember I was pretty distant and crappy during my late teens. She says she didn't mind it but I know I'd be super hurt from that. I still regret it

• Everything? It's just too much to say... but if everyone felt that it was impossible, humans won't exist. It takes a brave soul to suck up the fact that babies are a lot of work and a lot of stress. They do grow up eventually and then you could do what you did before they were here, but once a parent always a parent. I'm scared shitless of having children, but I know that one day that time will come and I look at it this way, they'll be okay and so will I!

• *writes list* ... *deletes list* "okay maybe having kids isn't for me!"

• My breasts will get soft.
    I might get a pooch that never tightens back to normal.
    I might get those deep deep stretch marks.

• so much can go wrong. so much. i don't look forward to the state of constant panic i know i'll be in if i ever get pregnant / process of having a baby / making sure it doesn't die. :(

• Vomit. I can handle poop but vomit is more of a challenge!

• My daughter never had horrible poops when she wa a baby. She's four now and these tantrums are aomething I wish I was warned about. Never again do I want to go through this lmfao
    Or when she starts dating πŸ’€

• - Birth
    - not getting enough sleep
    - I'm afraid I won't stand strong enough to say no to the child
    - not being able to do things without taking the child into account

• Almost everything until they're adults tbh. Being pregnant. Pushing them out. Being healthy babies. Hoping I have a good child. The teen years omg. Hoping my kids don't have kids or become criminals. My marriage possibly failing. Just everything.

• Getting puked on. Baby vomit is the worst! 🀒

• Physical changes
    Financial responsibility
    Being a good parent
    When they live and don't contact for months,
    Etc.

• The days they make choices that hurt themselves but I can't do anything about. When they leave it'll be so hard for me.

• Diapers and having to worry about someone hurting/abusing them.

• More from Girls
    70

What Guys Said 63

• Have one... he turned out to be "special." Now I'm stuck at home changing diapers because we can't find a baby sitter that is willing to watch a kid his age with this "special" need.

Sorry for ranting, but damn, even getting a sitter means the benefits don't outweigh the cost. Most of the money would go out the window to that sitter, with the added benefit of not even knowing my own child. Just a human I pick up after work and feed... then it's off to bed just to do it all over again.

I wish the best for others, but my life has got effed in the A because of kids. It's not so fun for the person that has to work some job they don't like all day either. So much rides on their back as well... smh, now I'm going to go get drunk until I pass out and do it all over again.

• @Love_Is_Eternal Yuuuup, think I just triggered another special snowflake that is out of their mind and a warrior for justice.

• The little cunt has me blocked too lol probably gonna block Love_is_eternal too, and anyone that disagrees with her xD Poor kid lol

• She can go kick it with Linda Sarsour (cockroach in Iranian) in their future of female... whoops... where'd their darn privilege go... oh it went to get beat and raped town. Oh yeah!

I'm talking about you @anastasiasgun , ya little triggered snowflake. Hope this make your vagina quiver.

... anyways, yeah, this cunt just blocked me too.

• Hearing the woman say "Well I gave birth to your children" for the following 18 years any time she wants me to do everything for them.
    That, and the first 7 years of the kids life, I wouldn't look forward to.

• You know those videos of someone that's holding up a baby and the infant pukes all over their face? Yeah! That's one of the major things that worry me! Haha.
    That, and changing poo diapers. I have a weak stomach when it comes to things of that matter.

• Dude you get used to the diapers after awhile. I did with my nieces and I had the same thoughts. Its the crying at nights when they are babies. They can't tell you what they want. Anything you do doesn't help. Or when that swear word slips from my mouth and they repeat it πŸ˜‚

• my gf/fiance/wife's explanation as to how she got pregnant when I'm sterile?

• Being low on money.

• Losing my life, not so much as in I need to go out all the time and party, but once the kids come it seems like things I enjoy doing like the gym, brazilian jiu jitsu, judo and boxing, seeing my friends on the weekend, reading, gaming and if i'm in college, that it will all come to a screeching halt. Also the thing I also will hate is the diaper blow outs, it is almost enough to make you wanna take them back to the store and get a new one lol

• Less private time.

• This garbage social justtwat society that is telling all girls they are victims of a fictional monster and telling all boys they are the reason for everything bad in the world and should be ashamed of existing.

• Changing diapers isn't that bad, you'll get used to it. Lack of sleep is probably the worst part while they're young,

• Hate kids with a passion. Couldn't handle coming home to shitting, crying babies after a hard day at work.

Worst of all when they're young adults and go through their rebellious faze. I choose to not have kids at all!

• The problem ain't the kids... It's the people who try to interfere between you and the kid. Other than I'm pretty sure its a fun experience.

• Just not being able to take it all back... sometimes you just wanna focus on you and that's it. But with a child that is not really possible, basically for the next 20 years or so

• They're divisive little fuckers.

• Holding someone's life in your hands

• The sleepless nights, the empty wallet, the arguing back and forth over chores, the fear of failure of turning my children into productive adults of society...

• When other people hurt them
    When they enter their rebel phases
    And, like @TuMeManques said, when they make choices that hurt themselves but I can't do anything about it or do anything to make it better.

• not having sex with my wife for a long time and not sleeping full nights for a long time. changing diapers is just chill in my opinion. the constant crying and constant need of attention at all day and night times is more of a problem

• It honestly infuriates me when kids make a noise that can only be described as a squeal. It's the extremely high pitch that bothers me.

• To see them grow up in a hostile environment where their race alone makes them a target and then send them to the marxist indoctrination centers aka schools and universities.

• Waking up at 6:15 to get the brat on the bus. It takes him almost an hour to go from his bed to the bus stop.

• The terrible twos. I have a niece who I baby sit every day for 3 weeks when she was 2 (now she's 3) and it made me question if I really want kids or not lmao. Two year olds are terrible.

• If I do have kids it will be all of my money, energy and time being sucked out my life that I least look forward to.

• Personally not looking forward to those teenage years considering I was wild during those years lol

• Having kids

• *Loss of sleep
    *Changing dirty diapers
    *Video Game time is doomed
    *Waking up again just to get the kid to school
    *Burying my future daughter's boyfriends

• "Burying my future daughter's boyfriends" I'm very much looking forward to this :P

• the constant worrying of the childs safety

• spanking them... I love my nephew but man do I hate spanking him i hate him being at the point of needing it to the fact I don't like him crying afterwards. .. but it is nessary to raise good men and women

• Diapers... Probably gonna hire a nanny when my wife can't be around our baby...

• I have a 3 year old cousin and a 9 month old cousin. I love them to death, but I can't stand the high-pitched shrieks from hell. I also hope my kids don't turn out to be one of those unruly little mosters at the grocery stores.

• More from Guys
    33