My best friend gives me mixed signals constantly, should I give up on him?

After telling my best friend I liked him he was off and on. He can easily change his mind. A few nights ago we were with family friends, being flirty even after we decided we were going to be just friend, he decides to give me his jacket because I was cold. We kept making eye contact, flirty, and him touching my arm constantly. After we went to go watch a movie and he sat beside me. He was trying to hold my hand but I didn't want to at first because I thought we were just friends(even if I didn't want to be), so he then puts his hand on my leg. It didn't last long, but he kept doing it. Then he tired to hold my hand again and I let him. A few minutes later he let go and moved away from me. He tried to avoid eye contact. When we left there was no good-byes or anything of the sort. I'm unsure if I should still be interested in him or if I should just give up liking him or even give up being friends with him.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!

What Girls Said 1

• If he was must best friend I would ask him straight if he was just messing around or if he had some sort of feelings for me. I'm dating my best friend right no wand we ask each other anything that is on our minds and we are honest. If he doesn't give you a straight answer tell him, "I've been honest now you should be honest" or something like that. Of course, if he can't answer right then and there give him some time bu demand a straight answer. If he is your best friend he should tell you even if it would hurt you a little and he should be comfortable with telling you things. The truth hurts sometimes but no matter what support him in his decisions. Stay friends even if it turns out to be bad.

Before my best friend became my boyfriend I turned him down 5 times. Sometimes I can say I "led him on" because at that moment I felt something only to say "what the heck am I doing!? I don't want to lose him as a friend!". Your best friend might feel that if he returns your feelings he will lose you as a friend. I took a chance and said yes to my boyfriend knowing that I might one day loose him completely but that is a risk I was willing to take even if I don't want t to happen. Just talk it out seriously and I'm sure you will get some answers. I wish you the best and I hope it turns out good. Good Luck!