My best friend spread rumors about me...what do I do about it?

He said I was having an affair with an older man I know though my friend's work.he knew that wasn't true. I am not 'in' to affairs in general.and certainly not with someone I barely know. I think he was just mad at me or just wanted attention.sometimes I think he spreads rumors just to get attention.But still he's an old friend! What would you do? He's one of the few friends I have who aren't relatives and I would hate to lose him.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I would wait until you cool down; you sound pretty mad right now! Approach him calmly and talk where people can overhear because you WANT people to know the rumors are false, right? Maybe talk to him at the place where this older guy works so people will know you are upset about false rumors. BE calm and don't get mad. Probably somebody ELSE is spreading this rumor. He may just be repeating what he's heard! That's dumb but not such a terribel thing.Are you sure you haven't done anything to start these rumors? Have you been friendly to this older man where others could see? Kissed him or anything like that?Make sure it's not partly your fault before blaming a friend.

• I don;'t like to lose friends over one problem like this

What Guys Said 1

• Tell him he jeopardized the friendship with is careless disrespect of a friend, if he really sees you as his friend. Let him know that lying, in any form is not acceptable, even if it doesn't get found out. You may even want to look at Daniel 2:20-22, Mark 4:21-23, Luke 8:16-18.

What Girls Said 3

• Okay cool down a little bit and when your calm then just go talk to him and tell how you felt when you heard this and then you ask him why . You to shoule be able to figure it out if it happens again then just forget him

• then tell him "look your my best friend and if I'm your you would not say things that are not ture about me and if you keep it up I can't hang out with (or talk to) you anymore." put you foot down! good friend wouldn't do that to you! Sometimes people lose friend but you always find more! good luck girl

• Well you have to think about why you are friends with him in the first place, is it solely because he's not related to you? Or does he have other qualities you admire and make you want to be a better person? Personally, at 30, if you're bothering wasting your time spreading rumors about someone you are immature and in serious need of a life. Nevermind being friends with him, there are PLENTY of people out there who can treat you better and whom you are more compatible with. You simply have to tell him you've outgrown your friendship and that it's time to move on.