Why do women like soap operas?

So I came home today from college to have lunch with my mom and she watched back to back to back soap operas. What gives? Is it because there is a lack of drama in her life and she needs these shows to fulfill that? THEY ALL HAD THE SAME THEMES. Someone cheated, someone was in jail, girls were crying, dudes fought each other and they are all rich. Is it because all you women wish your lives were like this? From now on I am going to spend my entire days creating un-necessary problems for myself, my family and my friends. All of this while looking for illegitimate lost siblings of mine

Most Helpful Girl

• Still laughing over your question! And since I am old enough to be your mother...NOT ALL WOMEN LIKE SOAP OPERAS. TYVM :) I hate them and have never watched one all the way through. On the other hand, I do prefer that drama like that stay in a fantasy form and out of my real life. Maybe that is the attraction? No idea. :D