What does it really mean when a guy calls you "baby"? Is he really into me?

So I met this guy on Facebook almost a month ago, and we hit off immediately. We have a lot in common and we flirt with each other alot. We text each other everyday about how our day is going, we flirt, and we talk on the phone almost everyday. We have pet names for each other, like "baby", "hun", "love". For me, I call him by these names because I really like him and could see myself getting more serious with him.

The thing is, he lives in New Jersey, and I'm in California. I am planning on a trip to see him in a month or two, because we are ready to meet each other and get to know one another on a deeper level. I know long distant relationships are hard, but I believe anything is possible if it's meant to be.

My question is, does he call me these "pet" names because he feels something for me? Or is it just a part of the "flirting" game?

Most Helpful Girl

• While this type of romance might be uncommon (perhaps) in today's world. There has been plenty of romances mainly by letters throughout the centuries. The amazing thing about doing this is that you get to know the person's soul w/o the physical clouding the reactions. it is the chance of pure meeting of spirit, and the fact that you have connect so intensely give a great sign for true romance and a partnership. Love is the one thing in the world that you should do everything to get--face your fears, deny the norm,and find what is best for yourself. You need to meet to know the outcome of this situation--you will either sink or fly, but you will know the ending and find satisfaction regardless.

P.S.- for a more period/supernatural understanding of this kind of relationship see the movie, "The Love Letter" (1998) with Campbell Scott.

• Report

Wow! Love your answer! Thank you =)