Can best friends become lovers?

So my best guy friend ask me, do I think two best friend as in girl and guy become lovers? I don't know if it can wouldn't it be awkward? what do you guys think?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I dated my best guy friend( we have been friends for 4 years now) but it didn't work out for me. Although it does work out for a lot of people and has the potential to be the greatest relationship. In my experience it was a little awkward because it was hard for us to transition to something more. It didn't work out between us but we are closer for it and he is still one of my best friends. I love him and I couldn't imagine life without him. We where just not right for each other or maybe it wasn't the right timing who knows.

• yeah, he is still my best friend and hangout on almost on a weekly basis. He also has a girlfriend now and there is no awkwardness about it. The experience made us closer and we are not bitter over the break up.

• do you guys still talk to each other after the break up?

What Guys Said 3

• Its only awkward if one turns the other down or isn't certain about becoming or then friends. But other than that those kinds of relationships usually turn out the best because the people all ready have a good understanding of each other.

• It's awkward only if one side is uncertain at wanting to phase to the "next level".

• I think they usually become lovers, and often the best ones...

What Girls Said 4

• so fwb? I wouldn't advise it because someone is bound to get hurt...usually the girl

• Being close with someone before dating them is the best basis for a lasting relationship.

• i don't think it would be awkward as me and my best friend are in love were no going out but we love each other, at the moment its going well there's nothing awkward

• like 1 year maybe more maybe less

• how long you guys been best friend?

• Yup, it happens. Lovers must be best friends too =)