Why do men create fake profiles?

I have received so many strange emails from online dating over the last 5 years I am beginning to think they are from an ex. The person in the emails asks a question, I answer and they disappear or don't respond again. Why did I leave my hometown, why haven't I been married and had children, would I date someone who lives far away, etc. The emails always progress. Whatever happened to hello my name is ... In the past the ex was an immature player and played games with me. I cared more for him than he did for me. I broke up with him because I didn't like the way he was treating me, and it hurt his pride. Why all the fake profiles and emails?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Men have to send out about 100 emails in the hopes of getting just a few replies. If he gets more than one reply he has to chose which one to go with.

• So he's not really interested in the first place. It is shotgun scatter dating. Shoot at everything to see what is "hit" to get a response. Wow, that is flattering.

What Guys Said 2

• How about anonymous questions? Now that's a better question...

• If this website didn't see it as valid option, they would not allow anyone to post a question anonymously.

• Right...

• I don't buy it personally. I could see maybe one or two fake profiles but beyond that the guy probably left because of what you replied with.

• So it's all a big coincidence in addition to the leading questions --- I have men who send their private email address in the first email to communicate off site. I see a pattern of behavior repeated hundreds of times. There has to be some explanation. There are that many scammers online? and they all contact me? Really. I don't know a statistical model, but the numbers seem really high.

• At first it was men named Fred. Then it is men named Mark. Men or someone IM me and don't have a viewable profile when I look back for their profile it is not there. Not hidden, just not there. Like I said. it has happened so many times the statistical probability is huge.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!