My parents hate my boyfriend. How do I change that?

Okay, I am white and I'm dating a mixed guy. We have been together 7 months now and I have fallen in love with him. He's so unbelievably sweet and... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a tricky situation. Quite frankly, if this is indeed about race, there is nothing you can do. But I would NOT break up with your guy because your parents didn't like him for the color of his skin. It's dumb. They should be more concerned that he's treating you right rather than what he looks like.

I was in a scenario like this in high school, where this guys mom didn't want us dating because she was afraid of what the PUBLIC would think and say about us. But we lived in Key West, Florida. Crock of shit, I wasnt stupid, and to this day I'm shocked that she thought I WAS that stupid.

I'm sorry but this is the 21st century and more and more people are dating interracially and more mixed babies are being born. And I personally think it's awesome. Soon a majority of the human population will be of mixed race, with any and all combinations you can think of.

I think your parents need to open up and really talk to this guy and feel him out, and hopefully they will see why you like him so much.

Asker upvoted