• Ask
  • myTake

Why are mothers so cruel to their daughters?

It seems from my experience that so many mother's love to tear their daughter's down in public and in private. I was wondering why mother's love to hurt their daughters?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Some people just don't have the patience or humility to be a good, loving parent. I have never seen a mother do that but it would make me really sad. She must just be really unsatisfied with her life and is just taking it out on her daughter. My mom can be a little brutally honest sometimes but she always means well.

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 4

• Not all mother's love to tear down their daughters, actually I don't know any situation like this. I know girls who lie and say that their mother treats them horribly when its usually just a lie.

• I don't think that's love at all.

• I think it has to do with the way they were raised. My mother had a tough childhood and so she may come off as incensitive towards us at times. Her dad was overlyreligious, strict, and would beat her all the time. Somehow she still loved and respected him despite all the bad that he did. She used to be that way with us growing up but something happened in her that made her change eventually.

• Some mothers are jealous of their daughters.

• I saw this poor girl in Kohl's the other day who was asking her mother the name of her dr because she forgot and the mom said very loudly "And you want to move to Spain? HAHAHAHAA" and just started laughing at the poor girl who was obviously very hurt by this.

• The truth of the matter is because many people need to seek professional help but they don't want to. The ones who do seek help are the intelligent ones, and sounds like people now a days are getting crazier by the minute.