How do you usually become "official" boyfriend/girlfriend?

Tell me how it happened to you =]Is there any other way than just asking to become bf/gf? Are you straight forward and just ask to be bf/gfORyou assume you are boyfriend/girlfriend if you see your crush wants to be bf/gfORthe "I like you"/"I love you" for you means you are boyfriend/girlfriend already?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Hrmm... When we started dating, he introduced me to people just like, "this is so and so" ..or "my date so and so"... but after about a month and a half...he introduced me as "this is my girffriend so and so"... and then right after he did that...quietly asked me if it was alright that he said that...and I said of course... So I guess he made it pretty obvious, but then most guys I've been in a relationship with did the same thing...just started introducing me as his gf, or would refer to me as the girlfriend when talking to people.Ive never asked..or did the whole "where does our relationship stand" thing...when a guy wants you to himself and doesn't want to be a casual relationship, he will let you know...because up to that point if its not clear you are a couple, you could be dating other guys...so he'll want to make sure you know his intentions.

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!

What Girls Said 2

• Never ever assume that you're in a relationship because what you think might make a relationship one doesn't necessarily mean that other feels the same way. In other words like saying I like you or I love you, people throw those words around a lot and you don't have to be in a relationship with someone to love them, I tell me guy friends that I love them all the time. The only way to know that you're in a committed relationship is to ask, be upfront and direct.

• I am actually trying to figure this out. I am "dating" this guy and we've been "dating" for about a month. He sometimes introduces me to his friends as his "best friend", "girlfriend", or one time "Wife"... which was weird but when I ask him about actually becoming his girlfriend he says that we are already there but we don't need "titles". I am so confused. I said to him, after a long conversation about this, that we were just "unoffically boyfriend & girlfriend" and he pretty much agreed. I don't understand this. So I am just as curious to see the responses to Anonymous User's question.

• UPDATE: After responding to this question, I finally laid it on the line to this guy telling him I wanted to make it "official" but he kept giving me a million reasons as to why we couldn't. Then, a day or two later. He was at my house, I was giving him a back massage, when he got a call. I could hear it was a female but didn't think much about it until he said "No, I am not at another female's house..." Needless to say, we got into it and that was one of the last times we were ever together.