How is the best way to ask a girl that already is your best friend out?

i have been hanging out with her for four years and I've finally worked up the courage to ask her out today. we are going to a movie and I figure I'll ask her when I drop her off at home. please give me some good tips.

Most Helpful Guy

You invested 4 years into a friendship. Are you willing to throw it all away? If she doesn't like you, the friendship (as it is now) is over. If you two hook up but it doesn't work out, the friendship is over. At best, you might gain a girlfriend, but is it worth the loss of a long-time friend? You might have a different type of relationship that is also desirable, but the friendship will be over. Sex will change things, if it even gets that far. Anyways, just give it some serious thought.

• I have. I have been thinking of this for a year. so I know what I'm risking.

• Show Older
    • A friendship is an investment. Asking her out is a risk for the possibility of something he might find more desirable. Actions based on feelings are a choice, not a god that controls your destiny (without your consciousness).

It's an important decision. I'm not forcing him to do anything, only to carefully consider the possible consequences before making his own choice. Do you think it would be better for me, instead, to convince him to do what *I* would do?

• Well I did ask her and she said she doesn't see our relationship going any further. but she said we are going to still be best friends so I didn't lose her and you never know in time she might come around. thanx for all ur guys help. I really appreciate it.