How can I hang with the popular kids?

So this is my last year of high school and I've always wanted to chill with the popular guys.. I'm friends with a few of them but I never really hang... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't really understand why you would want too. I played 3 sports in High School, and usually hung out with them during school because most of them were my friends but outside of school we all do our own thing. The only time I would hang out with them outside of school was when there weren't the popular girls around. So, like backyard football, videos games, or what have you. I purposely tried to stay away from most of the popular girls because a lot of them are so damn judgmental and politically correct that anything you do can offend them, and then on top of that they have the biggest mouths. Even against each other. There were a few girls that were cool, but most of them are just straight up bitches. I was one of those people that didn't care what people had to say. I remember one of those popular girls saying something nasty to me in front of her friends trying to act cool, and then gloated about being so damn hot.

So, I said to her... Yeah, you may be very attractive physically, but that's all you are. Guys only use you as a piece of meat because you may be a 9 physically but your personality is below a 0. And all your girlfriends here know this, they just refuse to admit this to your face.

I got along with almost everyone but the majority of the popular people.. mostly girls.. some guys as well, I could not stand. And when I mean everyone I mean everyone. I would hang out with the nerds/geeks somedays, others I will chill with the goths and emos, and other days the popular kids... and let me tell you something, being popular isn't what it's cracked up to be. If all you want is attention and for these popular kids to like you... then you won't be able to fit in. You can't just force your way into a group. Just be who you are, I know that sounds cliche and it is but I'm serious. Oh, and one last thing... out of all the people I was friends with... the ones I have lost contact with the most were the popular kids, the ones that I couldn't care less about anymore... are the popular kids... If it wasn't for me being an athlete, I don't think I would've ever become friends with the popular kids. Sure, some were cool and most weren't. Also, the ones that I thought were cool tend to be a lot like myself. We would sometimes hang out but almost never hang out with the other group of popular kids.

I guess some people would say I was popular since everyone knew who I was, but I definitely wasn't a "cool guy". I never got invited to parties with these popular kids, and that was the way I liked it. They were cool to chill with from time to time in school, but outside of school... not so much. If the people you connect with happen to be the popular kids then so be it... if they happen to be the WoW nerds, the band geeks, the goths etc etc, then they are the people you should probably hang out with. You will feel much more comfortable being yourself and not forcing yourself to fit in.

Asker upvoted
    • thats true I just feel like I would fit in more with them than anything.. I hang out with the popular sophmores and I'm a senior now.. I don't hang out with much seniors since they are all popular that's pretty much why I want to hang with them.. I've partied with a few and still talk to a couple but that's it.. thanks for your answer!