• Ask
  • myTake

Beginning of a LDR? Am I crazy?

Alright so here's the deal, forgive me for the long story.I'm a 17 year old homeschooled antisocial girl with few friends. (wow that first line is depressing -_-) OK anyway, I live in the states and about a year and 10 months ago while playing a online game, I met this guy. Over the course of this time we've gotten to know each other really well, He's 17 as well By the way. after about a year of constant emails and IMing, it became quite apparent that I have strong feelings for the lad and we just recently both came clean about our feelings for each other of more than just friends. As of recent we've been doing Skype video calls that last waay into the night almost every time. Now on to the real question.. So this guy, he lives in Canada... I trust with all my heart that he is who he says he is, which is a huge statement seeing as I have a huuuge distrust in men.We really want to meet and have seriously talked about plans for when he's out on spring break in March 2013. The plan so far is he's going to get a part time job and buy me a ticket to come spend about a week with him and his family (his mom, sister and stepfather) Seeing as my family is on a rather, lets say tight income.. I've already talked to my Ma and she, though reasonably concerned at first, said that if it's what I really want to do, she won't stop me. My Ma knows how long I've known him and how much I really like him, she also knows that if he was a creeper or "off" in any way what so ever that I would have dropped him like a hot potato! she has trust in my judgement. He has yet to talk to his folks about the plan, he wants to wait til he gets a job but he said he was sure they'd say yes. So my question is, Am I crazy? this guy is my best friend and my first love. I really and truly believe in him. I'm a bit.. insane, but I (him as well) don't drink or do any drugs what so ever, I know that might be hard to believe but it's true. I have also made it very, very clear that just because he buys me a ticket, that in no way shape or form makes me obligated to let him in my pants.So, What are your thoughts? is going to see him a bad idea? am I crazy for wanting this to work? if you need to know anything else, let me know. Serious answers only please!

I am well aware of the standard rules of public place and tell a friend and such.
It's not this is gonna be a spur of the moment thing, my Ma plans on speaking to his folks and such.

Also I'm not really interested in the whole flirting around thing, boys in my area are just that, boys.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Guys Said 1

• I'm not a believer in cyber dating. He may be all he says he is, but face-to-face he may be a lot of other things as well that wouldn't please you. It's a big waste of time and money if this doesn't work out. There are guys closer to home, you know. Try meeting some! In real time! At least, give that a try. Take a dance class, join a club for people with interests like yours, flirt with guys at the grocery store, anything At least you would hone your people skills, something you can't do online.

What Girls Said 1

• This is kind of late for 1am..but all I can really say that it takes two. He has to be willing as well. You should do what you think will make you happy. It's best not to rush into things but once you feel as though you've gotten to know him enough meet him in a public area or bring someone people with you and don't go anywhere alone with him =/ at first. make sure you put your safety first. bring mace. lol. always a great ice breaker for guys. =P hahhahaa. but seriuously be careful and I'm sure if you two want it to work out and commit to one another that you can. It can be really hard with ldr. Make sure someone knows where you're going to be by the way. I don't think this advice is coming together well...lol. idk..i think I covered all the bases...mace...public place...ppl know where you are...bring people with you if you can...make sure you don't go anywhere alone with him at first...yeah...sounds right...okay. hope it helps. oh you're not crazy. love is a risk within itself...you have to take a chance sometimes.