Women, would you expect a guy to be friends with you if you rejected him?

Ladies say you had a male friend, and he wanted to be more than friends with you. You reject him, and then he told you in a nice way, "I can't be friends with you anymore" and never spoke to you again. Would you expect him to still be friends with you after you rejected him?

Most Helpful Girl

• Majority of the time, no. I back off a bit, as obviously I'd expect they probably don't want to have to see me all the time after that, but still maintain genuine friendliness and usual behavior . I've been through this a lot with guy friends, as I've always had more guy friends than girls.

But unfortunately even if they continue to be my friend afterward, its short-lived. Soon enough in most of my experiences, they usually switch cold, and sometimes eventually no acknowledgements either, despite my continued efforts.

I don't expect the guy to be able to pretend nothing happened in these situations and keep hanging out all the time, but when/if it gets to the point where they just blatantly ignore you as if you've never even known each other, that freaking hurts. I know it hurts to be rejected romantically as well, but people can't help who they are romantically attracted to. But to purposely/ knowingly become completely cold on someone who was not a girlfriend, BUT still a friend, is way harsh.