Women, would you expect a guy to be friends with you if you rejected him?

Ladies say you had a male friend, and he wanted to be more than friends with you. You reject him, and then he told you in a nice way, "I can't be friends with you anymore" and never spoke to you again. Would you expect him to still be friends with you after you rejected him?

This question has a poll!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Majority of the time, no. I back off a bit, as obviously I'd expect they probably don't want to have to see me all the time after that, but still maintain genuine friendliness and usual behavior . I've been through this a lot with guy friends, as I've always had more guy friends than girls.But unfortunately even if they continue to be my friend afterward, its short-lived. Soon enough in most of my experiences, they usually switch cold, and sometimes eventually no acknowledgements either, despite my continued efforts.I don't expect the guy to be able to pretend nothing happened in these situations and keep hanging out all the time, but when/if it gets to the point where they just blatantly ignore you as if you've never even known each other, that freaking hurts. I know it hurts to be rejected romantically as well, but people can't help who they are romantically attracted to. But to purposely/ knowingly become completely cold on someone who was not a girlfriend, BUT still a friend, is way harsh.

What Girls Said 7

• I would be upset, but then again, so will he. If I reject someone, I don't expect them to stay friends with me. If they can, great! But I'd really understand it if it would be too difficult. I can't be friends (like proper friends, talk a lot, hang out, ...) with someone I have a crush on. Acquintances yea, just saying hi when you see them, what's up, then going on.

• I don't expect them to be, but I have had one of them remain my friend... well technically two but one of them insists that I hate him even though I keep telling him I don't.

• If he said that I would be glad I rejected him.

• Yes and no. Yes because just because I don't like him doesn't mean I never willl.and no, because maybe there's a reason behind it, and you knew why.

• Women, would you expect a guy to be friends with you if you rejected him?No as most likely the guy doesn't want to be my friend he wants to f*ck me.Would you expect him to still be friends with you after you rejected him?Definitely not in the case of him being a prior friend as most likely he never wanted to be my friend or want companionship from me rather he wanted to f*ck me and was pretending to be my friend in hopes of busting a nut.

• yes, I would expect him to be friends with me still. if he valued our friendship we would still be friend. Definately not as close but keep in touch now and then.

• I have been through this. I was sad because I missed his friendship but respect his wishes.

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!