I can't help but think of my guy friend. Is that a problem?

Just over a year ago, I had a thing with a guy friend of mine. We weren't exactly dating, we didn't make it official that we were, we just liked each other. We didn't do anything, just texted and talked on the phone. He loves Hart of Dixie, and in one episode "Ho Hey" by the Lumineers was in it. He recorded it and texted it to me. I have a boyfriend now, we've been dating for almost nine months now. Ho Hey is always on the radio, and whenever it comes on I can't help but think of my guy friend. Is that a problem?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• It all depends in what way you think about the friend. From your description your relationship isn't amazing, and you would not think of it twice if you had a shot at getting closer to the other guy. Instead of thinking of it as a problem, see it as a moment to make a choice: to try your luck with the friend (and possibly end up alone), stay in your "happy" relationship.to consider:-you will most likely lose the current relationship if you focus on the other guy, even if nothing happens and your mind is constantly going back to him.-would it be a fling? or a long term? are there any other things to take into account ? is he single, does he live far? -Are you happy in your current relationship? will you feel better being alone or are you better with the current boyfriend ? (We learn to appreciate the value of the things once we lost them).-the song will probably not be on the radio anymore after a little while ^^. PS: I have a song that reminds me of each of my serious ex girlfriends, makes me all nostalgic but never affected my position within the current relationship, so it wasn't a problem. Maybe you can relate to that.

What Guys Said 4

• I think of people I don't speak to anymore...it's one thing to think of them, it's another to act on it

• Is your relationship with your current boyfriend good? If not, then you might as well break up with him to be with your guy friend.

• Depends if it's "those were some good times in my past" or "...and I want them in my future again." If it's just thinking back and enjoying the memories, that's perfectly normal.

• whoa, everything was good until I read that you have a boyfriend. if you think of you guy friend as just a friend, its okay.but if you think of him more than that, then there is a problem.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!