Think I have a chance with him?

A couple of weeks ago I went out with some coworkers to a local bar. We had a big group, and kind of claimed a corner.

Early in the night we notice an attractive guy walk in. He scans the room, looking for a seat, and then comes over to our zone and asks if he can share with us for a drink with a friend.

We say yes, and he sits down next to me. We (me plus a few other girls) chat with him for a few minutes until his friend arrives.

He starts talking to her, and we get back to our conversations.

He shared our zone for the entire night, but I didn't have another opportunity to talk to him. At the evening he waves goodbye when he left. And I thought...oh well there goes the eye candy. ;)

I was out with a different group, and I suggested we go there, since there is a lot of good eye candy there. (Overall this bar is full of attractive patrons and workers.)

We grab a table, order some drinks and start chatting. Surprise, surprise, T walks in. I smile with recognition and he smiles and waves back. Then he comes over, gives me a hug and makes a bit of small talk. There is a quick round of intros with the group, and then he takes off to the bar to sit alone.

My friends encourage me to go over and chat with him, since he opened the door, and I was going to chicken out.

I went over, there was an empty seat next to him, and asked if I could have a seat. We ended up talking for over an hour. Parted ways and exchanged numbers.

Ordinarily, I would think...oh of course these are all positive signs. But this guy is way out of my league. And I don't even believe in leagues... But he is definitely a few notches (ok a lot of notches) above the typical guy I attract (in terms of looks).

Unfortunately for me, I can converse with anyone, most people like me, whether they are interested or not. So I have troubling determining interest from certain types.

What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well like you said, the initial vibes are definitely sounding good so I'd say just go with it. Just call/text him to meet for drinks again, let things naturally play out & figure out a way to see if things get more personal/intimate.

And don't worry about meeting up to some arbitrary standard...self confidence makes a huge difference.

• Good tips...I'll just be myself and see what happens. It seems like I'll probably run into him again at some point. :)