How do I make female friends?

At university basically all my friends are male .The course is around 70% male and 30% female.I have spoke and had lunch with a few of the girls but I couldn't really get involved in the conversation and found it rather boring.I prefer being with the guys because its not as bitchy and you can have more of a laugh.Although sometimes they have conversations I can't get involved in or are awkward for me to be in.It would just be nice to have a close female friend to talk too.What I'm asking is how am I supposed to build bonds with the girls? I'm so used to talking to the guys that I kinda don't know what to say or how to act with the girls there.

Most Helpful Guy

• Women as little girls to middle school get along so well, from end of middle school to rest of life, most women hate being around each other, an they prefer the opposite sex comfort.