My boyfriend doesn't offer any kind of help to me and expects me to do everything alone

So me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 years. He's sweet and has been there for me through all my trials. But when it comes to money he expects me to pay for everything. He claims he never has money when he's with me but when he has his friends over he spends over $60 dollars on them and has never spent a dime on me. I'm not asking for a lot, maybe just once in a while a movie or some flowers would be nice. He says he would love to spoil me but can't afford it but can afford new shoes, pants and shirts and food for his friends. Its annoying and I've explained it to him and he tells me he's sorry he doesn't have money like me. I barely have money sometimes but I order food and I can't go without getting him something because he never has money on him.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Honey, he is abusing you. Not mentally or physically but taking advantage of you! WAKE UP! Honestly, he is a good-for-nothing. He is flaunting all of his new clothes in front of you while he claims to be poor? What do you see in this guy? Do you see a future of paying for everything all the while he buys new things? If you accept this lifestyle then more power to you but it doesn't look so good.Answer mine! :D

What Guys Said 2

• So he's getting you to pay for all his dates and getting to bang you...and you've put up with it for 2 years. He's pretty dang smart.

• Indeed

• We haven't done that. I'm waiting for marriage for sexual intercourse.

• You've done something with him.

• Sounds like he's using you babe, ditch him he's no use to you. Unfortunately the real world evolves around money, if he has none like he says, well no amount of love is going to keep you two together. If he's like this now imagine marrying him and have him live of you for years to come? What do you think of that? Trust me ditch him.

What Girls Said 2

• Sounds like it is time to move on. You started dating 2 years ago, obviously pretty young. I did the same thing with my ex, but I did a lot of growing and he stayed the same. It seems like he might not give you the attention you need and deserve, not just monetarily, either. You have probably just grown up a lot and he is just the same as when it started out. May be time to move on.

• Sounds to me like you need a new boyfriend. not trying to be mean, but if he doesn't buy you anything or takes you out you can imagine your future with him.