Why do men say they are happy but still sneak around and look at porn?

My boyfriend and I have been saving money to buy me an engagement ring. He tells me how much he loves my and our family usually more than twice a... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys look at porn. The internet makes it too easy. I wouldn't worry about it unless the subject matter was untoward. If it's some kind of sicko 12 year old site, then you have a problem. If it's your average male-female site, then it's not a big deal. Porn is just images of naked women (sometimes doing - so I've heard - some crazy things).

And that's all it is. He shouldn't be trying to hook-up with anyone. I had a psych class once with a guy who said he was a "porn addict" and who told me that porn acts on the brain's pleasure centers and has an effect similar to cocaine. I don't know if that's true, but it makes sense given the primal nature of libido. This might be an old habit of his that has carried over and that he wishes hadn't. There are certainly lines not to be crossed (fantasy reality - expecting you to be like one of those girls), but, given that it's something he's doing in secret I think he knows that.

My opinion is that you're right to be pissed about him contacting anyone on the site (even though "she" is probably one of their tech guy's covering two positions), but as for the thing in general, I think you're over-reacting.

Think about this - nymag.com picked up an additional 34 million visits (usually they get 6) on the first Monday that the Lindsey Lohan photos were there. Those are clean pics, but the point is that 34 million people flocked there.