How do people base their own perception of beauty?

I've been seeing a lot of questions about how pretty someone is on a scale. I'm wondering how people as individuals judge beauty. What's beautiful for you and why?

Most Helpful Guy

• as far as a scale goes, I don't think that a 10/10 in my eyes is possible purely because that would have to be complete perfection and everyone has faults.

Its much easier to use a number scale rather than list the qualities that make somebody beautiful because of the aspects of both time and the fact that an attractive quality in one person might turn out to be an unattractive quality in another.

Anyway, to me the saying 'beauty is only skin deep' is pretty accurate, I judge beauty as a physical manifestation with very little to do with personality, that comes later.

What Guys Said 4

What Girls Said 3

• I really like this question. Obviously there are many different aspects of beauty when looking at a person both mind and body, but for some reason everyone (myself included) is so hung up on physical beauty. For me, physical beauty is based off of body proportions, facial structure, and skin complexion (not color--complexion!!). Those are probably the biggest things when I personally look for beauty.

• Beauty for me is how that person makes me feel, its not in a sexual way, but If I say wow, then I see them as beautiful. Its not a particular ethnicities or anything for me.

• I thinks it's how far or how close a person deviates from the usual type they go for.