do you wear glasses? if you do, do you look different with/without glasses?

I wear glasses when I work or when i'm in the lecture and noticed that people can't recognize me if I'm wearing glasses lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. And yes. I personally think so. I wish I didn't have to wear glasses but I need to lol. I'm near sighted. I plan on getting lasik eye surgery in the future. I really want to have 20/20 vision. I envy people who have 20/20 vision. There would be moments where I just wanted to go about my day without my glasses and I couldn't really tell for sure if people were looking at me or signaling towards me to come to them or smile at me from far away. I probably missed some chances because of that. People say I look good in my glasses and they prefer me with it which I'm okay with but there are times where wearing my glasses for a LONG periods of time give me a headache. I personally think I look ugly or okay in them lol. And glasses cause a dent mark on your nose. It just sucks. I also think it looks stupid when you put on your 3D glasses in the movie theaters over your real glasses. What about wearing shades too? I can't see that far and I won't be able to notice everything. I want to wear shades and to be able to notice everything lol. I rarely use my daily contacts. I only use those for special occasions. But yeah, that's my take on that.

• I'm with you on that. I made some silly mistakes before for not wearing my glasses.

• Thanks for MH! And yeah I forgot to mention how my glasses get in the way when I'm doing physical things or just things in general. And my glasses might fall off depending on how my head is angled haha.

What Guys Said 4

• Yes I wear glasses, I'm myopic and been that way since I was 12 (reading in the night etc + guess genetics). Glasses look good on me alright and most time I'm in sunglasses that are the same specs as my regular indoor glasses.

It's been so long that I've been wearing them that I look different to people w/o it. But I don't think they won't recognize me if I don't wear them :)

Guess it works the other way round when someone starts wearing glasses i.e. people don't recognize them immediately :)

• Yes I wear glasses, I look better with glasses than I do with out them.

• I do. Without them I look more hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg.

• I where glasses people say I look better without them on though

What Girls Said 10

• I look really different when I take my glasses off. One of my friends takes my glasses off my face every once in a while then acts like a mad man until I put them back on again. I feel like I look a lot prettier when I take them off because I don't have frames covering up half of my face.

Quick story, when I first got glasses I went to a sleepover and my friend asked me to run downstairs and grab his glasses for him. I said "Sure, I'll get mine too". Mine were on my face. I just hit my forehead with my palm and walked in shame to get his glasses.

• I didn't before but started wearing them since last year for reading. My eyesight is still pretty good. But like I could read tiny writing from miles away can't anymore - until I blink a few times. Sucks :( But that is what happens if you're in front a computer screen 24/7 lol and read extensively everyday

• I wear my glasses when I'm at home and when I'm at work. I look older when I wear them for some reason. So when I'm at work, wearing work clothes along with my glasses, I look a lot older than I am and people are genuinely shocked when they find out that I just recently turned 20.

• I do wear glasses but I wear my contacts much more often. I got my glasses when I was 3 or 4 and contact when I was 10 or 11. I would probably kill to be able to see when I got up in the morning. I look pretty different in my glasses and I prefer my contacts.

• yeh i do for reading. i dont look that different in my opinion. i like them. theyre the big type:)

• I somewhat different. It's not a dramatic change.

I still prefer if I didn't have to.

• I recently got glasses, so it's kinda weird. I rarely wear my glasses because my eyesight isn't that bad. People still recognize me though but yeah I do look different. I look okay either way though. With glasses and without.

• I wear glasses all the time. Without glasses I look really different, and I think I look much better then...

• I wear them. I don't like wearing them even though I'm practically blind. Lol. I wear my contacts most of the time. I don't know, my glasses don't make feel "cute" I guess u could say.

• I wear glasses all the time. I wear cons too. Yes I look so different