What to do if you are the ugly/average girl in your group of friends.?

I am that girl that is funny and smart, I comfort all of my gorgeous friends, when they complain about boys that don't want them (even though every guy wants them). It makes me sad when they tell me they aren't pretty, or they are too fat, because they are all amazimgly beautiful, and actually have no clue what it is like to be unwanted. The boys around us all froth of my friends and use me to get with them. No guy looks at me as anything but a friend, and that makes me upset. I know I am not half as pretty as my friends, but I am nice, funny, caring and smart. Does this mean nothing to guys?

Most Helpful Girl

• My friends and I look so completely different that it's hard to compare, but it would definitely be awkward and a bit upsetting to be noticebably less attractive than everyone in your group.

The qualities you say you have mean a lot to guys, but most guys who are 18-24 aren't thinking like that. You don't see yourself as beautiful, but when you meet a guy who loves your personality, he definitely will see you as far more than the ugly/average girl in your group.

What Guys Said 4

• Get confidence honey. Not many things are sexier than a confident, self assured woman. Try to look better if you honestly think that's an issue. Most likely its just your confidence level and you dressing down because of it. It will take time but you can get there and be every bit as hot as your friends and more so since you have a good personality. Yes, that does matter to us, many "nice guys" have the same complaint about women by the way. That's the hard way. The easy way is put out, become a slut, send guys a bunch of nudie pics even if they don't ask. Easy girls automatically add 3 points to the hotness scale in the unwritten guys rule book. That's the easy way I'm not trying to be an ass hole, just cover all aspects of the answer here. I think you are better served by the first option. Every day look in the mirror and tell yourself that you are hot, pick a good feature and tell yourself how great it is, do it with real intent and soon it will take hold and you'll believe it. I promise this and other things will work if you honestly try. Best of luck honey.

• So what you are saying is that you are not noticed because of your friends. The answer is easy, Some people stand out more when they stand alone. It is never fair for anyone to be judged against another person and this is what is happening. I am sure someone is looking at you but your friends are keeping them away.

Good luck,

• It means a lot. But attraction is really important, like "sexual" attraction. Otherwise you'd just end up a friend, which seems to be your issue?

| However beauty isn't linear and doesn't translate very easily. It's like, dynamically complex. People who might not necessarily find themselves attractive at first, I believe, can always find a way to make themselves look very appealing. Like a makeover.

I'm not talking about plastic surgery and the likes, I'm talking about little things that can make all the difference. But these aren't necessarily universal, and will mostly make you as a unique person stand out.

It's sort of hard to explain and I don't like giving specific examples. But a lot of women don't exactly fit into what I'd originally had thought was attractive, yet I'm still attracted.|

• You be yourself. So guy will see that you're the radiant one. Smiling also will help you.

What Girls Said 1

• ok firstly, u seem to b the one who doesn't know how wanted she could be=] u do realise that ur personality could be attracting people and u may have no idea?:)
    i can understand the way u feel tho. but can i just say, never let urself be used, by anyone. its wrong.
    think about this. when u all get older, will u all look the same? will they still be as pretty? will u look the same as u do now? hell no… we all know those people who nobody noticed in high school then when they got older everyones like dayumm who is that?
    yeh:) so u should feel great about urself. u seem great on the inside, and it will reflect on the outside:)