Would you date a girl who reads?

Guys, would you date a girl who is more into reading than shopping and make up?

I really don't have much fashion sense or know how to apply make-up much, except for your basic stuff like nail paint and lipstick (and even that when I have to go somewhere very classy). I am more of a person who likes to sit somewhere quiet and have a good intellectual discussion with a few people. And I am thin, yet I go for loose shirts and jeans.

Do guys only like "girly" girls? (no offense to those who like shopping)

• I think reading is sexy
  • No, girls who read are boring

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I would! Reading hints of intellect and its a big plus when a girl has something between the ears other then just shoes and ponies.

• Haha! Funny :P
      Thanks for answering!

What Guys Said 12

• I don't have the choice: I married one. Since I had quite a lot of books too, we had enough doubles to start the (missing) school library when we joined our possessions.
    10yrs ago we moved to another city. First thing I did was to show her the way to the local public library. Now she comes home once a week with a caddy full of books. When we bought a second residence we did the same. Now the first afternoon of our stay there is a trip to the library.

• Aw that's pretty awesome! :D
      Lucky you and your wife!

• Reading is a plus intellectual discussion a plus, quiet is fine, hiding your body and projecting you don't want to be seen as physically desirable is a minus.

I'm sure you can find people who would like you exactly as you are and wouldn't want any change.

I will just throw out to you that being quietly bookish doesn't have anything to do with whether you're physically looking good. Men don't care about fashion but do care how you look.

• Thanks for answering!
      I don't try to hide my body...Its just that I prefer loose clothes, they are more comfortable. But to be honest actually I am thin and don't really like it.

• I'd choose the reading girl rather than the shopping girl myself.

Why? Well coz I also like reading more than shopping plus we could read together its kinda romantic and sexy you know...;D

• Are you from India? So am I :)

And thanks for the opinion!

• Yea I mean, I've checked every new site and never found anything so meaningful like this site. Mostly because I never needed any help but here there are so many people who seek others opinion and it makes me happy to help by sharing my opinion, coz I have lots and lots of it.

• "happy to help by sharing my opinion, coz I have lots and lots of it."
      Haha! Ok. I will keep that in mind if I need any help :P

• Seeing as I spend most of my time hidden away behind a stack of books, I generally tend to exclusively date girls who read at least as much as me or at least, somewhere close.
    Besides, I find girls who are more worldly/intelligent/aware than me irresistibly attractive

• Im down for any nerdy gals. Why would that even be a prob in the furst place o.O
    If u dont have good sense of fashion, i could help dress u up c: since i have a perrty good taste of fashion x)
    My sis can teach u make up if u need to.

• Yes I would date someone like you.

• Thanks for answering! :)

• Your personality seems superb. I'd love to date someone like that.

• Really? o.O
      Thanks! :)

• I hope one day to find a girl who likes reading but all girls here in my country don't like reading at all

you are perfect keep on reading and you will find your soul mate soon

• Of course!

• Depends on what they are reading. I like intelligent women.

• That's the weirdest fetish I've ever heard. I could never be with a girl like that. That's just way to freaky for my taste.

• Yeah, I have come across people who think like that. Hence my question.

Thanks for sharing your opinion! :)

• We can talk about Moby Dick :)

• Haha! Sure :P

• Did you know that Moby was written after a real life whale Mocka Dick? Hello innuendos ;)

What Girls Said 3

• Guys who read are intelligent and attractive to me so I'd marry one lol, I'm a nerd and a bookworm lol

• yup totally

• I read a lot and I suggest looking for a guy who does. My experience is they often get "jealous" of the attention you give the book rather than them.

My ex used to get annoyed that I would read while he played video games, instead of watching him. And we were in our late twenties :|

• Haha! He wanted you to just watch him play?
      What fun :P

• This was a very intelligent man, mind you! So I'm hoping my next guy is a reader too. Then we can read next to each other :)

• That'd be nice! ^_^