Clothes for college, help!!!

I'm a guy who's 18 and need some new clothes for college this September. So I was wondering if I could get some input from the guys and gals on yahoo answers on what you think I should wear in college?

In general I don't have much clothes so I'm just trying to buy a new wardrobe.

If it helps I'm 5'6'', black hair, brown eyes and look Mexican almost. I like the casual relaxed look.

Any recommendations on what to wear?

Pictures would be great too.

Most Helpful Girl

• omggggggg well I LUB wen guys where clothes from the following stores, abercrombie and fitch, aeropastle, pac sun, h&m, sum shizz from ed hardy at macys and sum sneakers at foot locker. here's a fewessential items a guy shud wear

first off abercombie and fitch fierce colon for men, small bottle like 40 dollers, ju will turn any gurl on

a&f sweater they usually run for 60+ but are worth it in da long run

link

in hnm get cardigans for guys, use bland colors like grey, brown, black cream, and layer dem over bright tees like red, blue etc.. Top that off with sum skinny jeans, and invest in sum vans, which they have nice ones at pacsun, sum converses also work good. If you want to look more "street" go2 macys get sum ed hardy shirts, and sneakers. Also go2 pac sun for sum seqc belts and go2 footlocker and invest in sum airmaxes which are "in" now like these

link

hope that completed jur wardrobe

What Girls Said 5

• I'm gonna need some more specifics to really help. I don't want to alter your personal style I just need a better idea of what that is. Everyone's idea of casual relaxed look is a little different and has a wide range. Give me an example of each of these: (just do your best to describe) 1. An outfit you would wear at home/hanging out with your friends 2. outfit you would wear to make a good first impression/ on a date 3. outfit you would wear in public by yourself.

I figure you mean casual as in jeans/khaki shorts and a tshirt? I consider that casual. What's your budget? How much are you willing or can spend for the amount of clothes you are looking to get? If you hadn't posted anonymous I would have just messaged you this, but that wasn't an option lol.

• Here's the thng I don't have a style. I have so few clothes right now it doesn't matter. I'll just take ur advice since girls know more about style than me. For price; it doesn't matter as long as it iisnt more than 100$ for each piece of clothing

• What if he has a lot of ass : [

• Even better lol

• some guys honestly don't care and some guys do. it's not the biggest thing but I guess I look at abercrombie and finch a lot to get my inspiration because their style is casual/ some what dressy which I like to dress like at school. one of my guyfriends at uni always where's black hoodies and jeans and that' s his style.if you take hard courses, sometimes everyone just doens't care.

• link

i think that outfit looks cute on a guy

i usually go to the abercrombie site to see what's hot. although I tend to wear dresses and have like a cute purse with me, their look is more urban and street style, a little preppy.

• From my experience it seems that people don't care what it is you wear in college. and I don't mean that to sound mean or anything. most guys I know go around in t-shirts and jeans. some of the fraternity guys wear a lot ot polos and american eagle stuff. Those are really popular on guys. The guy who is universally considered to be the hottest guy on campus, he's also currently president of my campus, wears strictly raulph lauren and lacoste, everything, and possibly j.crew. Check out the websites and see what the male models are wearing in those. Since it can be kind of expensive and I don't know what your budget is you can basically emulate the styles of those models buy not buying the clothes on the site but at a cheaper site or you could just try and look somewhat similar. its all kinda preppy but on the plus side lots of girls find preppy attractive! hope that helps!

• What kinda and brand of shirt? Like just white under shirts?

• The brands of shirts I'm talking about are like raulph lauren and lacoste. They have polo type shirts, t-shirts, and button down oxford shirts. If you go to the website for each of these you can see examples.

• link
    I love this sorta style on guys...button down shirts, and jeans. Polo shirts are good too...
    Ok, so ignore the weird girl in this link, I'm trying to show you the guys outfit =}: link
    anyways, well I hope that helps!

• But like what kinda jeans should I buy? Like what type is that in the pic? Not kmart jeans. Lol and that girl is kinda hot

• Hmmmmm, I'm not sure what brand the jeans are. The first one was from armoni Exchange, but they're usually wicked expensive....American eagle, aeropostale, kohls, express, or any of those stores have good brands for jeans. I think just plain t-shirts and jeans look good too. I like dark jeans...faded looks good too.

Haha, the guy was hotter =P

Oh, and here's a list of good stores to look at for clothes:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081226190957AAy5YJ9

• Haha no he's not the girl is hotter : ]

What Guys Said 6

• Cruise Macy's. They usually have really good deals on left overs from spring this time of year.

I picked up Guess jeans that usually run 90 a pair for 35 a few weeks ago.

• ESPECIALLY for college, don't be afraid to be unique. the stores everyone else are recommending are fine, but I think it's always fun to have a few things that no one else has. that to me is what style is about . . . finding something unique that you like and other people will respond to. so I'd say, yeah, invest in two or three pairs of cool jeans and then maybe see if you can hit up a cool vintage store or something. get a few t-shirts and a few button-ups . . . maybe a crazy vintage jacket. believe it or not . . . also check out e-bay! you can find some cool one of a kind things and old school t-shirts that no one else will have because you can't get it at the mall. great place to get shoes too . . . you can find shoes still in the box, never worn, from the 80s or something that'll be super rad. old school slip-ons or reebok pumps. great conversation starter.

good luck in school, man!

• Here. like check out some of these:

http://tinyurl.com/kljne5

http://tinyurl.com/mcbjw6

http://tinyurl.com/n8d52j

• link

Classy. cheap and trust me it's refreshing look for girls compared to tight shirts and abercrombie tampons. Trust it works, it's a real man look not this I'm just a grown up high schooler. But to each their own. Less competition

• dont sweat it too much. You can wak around with a hooded sweatshirt and athletic shorts all day...then when its party time, dress up.

College isn't a fashion show...nobody will care what you wear just as long as your not 1)butt naked 2) raggy looking and 3) look like you don't go to school there.

• Wear what you want. Or ask some hott girl in the mall what looks good.

• I have noticed that many people like the clothing from big brand name stores like Hollister and all that, but I have no idea why. Those stores sell one type of clothing, and many times I've seen a group of people who look nearly identical because they're all wearing the same shoes, same worn jeans, shirts that all say "Abercrombie and Fitch", and the same weird hat tilted to the same side. I just don't get it.

I suggest that you try to follow what your current style is, but then also try to dress up just a little bit each day. A lot of guys at college look like they just woke up at classes (which may be true). College is training to start the rest of your life, and perform well in a job. That should be exciting, and should make you want to appear like you are on top of things and know that it is important. Imagine a choice of two partners for a project thing-one is a guy who is wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt, who hasn't shaved in a while and has unkempt hair. The other is a guy who is well-groomed and wearing a polo or button-down-shirt and nice jeans.