I had an obese girl tell me I wasn't attractive. Why does this happen to me?

Wow, I must be really ugly if an obese girl tells me I'm ugly. She is dating a physically fit guy. I asked her when it will be mine turn and she said never because i'm unattractive :O

Most Helpful Girl

• A month ago I had to confront someone in my store and ask them to leave. The girl was not cute and rude and obnoxious. While she was yelling at me she just continually told me "you are soooo ugly!"
    I know that she was saying it because she felt like that was something that might provoke me. But I know that she said it from a place of insecurity and intimidation. It seems like the same sort of thing here.
    You sound like you have a lot going for you. If/when her boyfriend leaves her she'll just be another single fat girl that struggles even more than most girls. You will still have a rockin body and a kinder disposition. Have confidence in that.

What Guys Said 6

• She's just another low-value girl who has high self-esteem, or pretends to have high self esteem.The world is full of them.Some of them even believe their own bullshit.

• one word " jealousy" she is jealous of how you look and is threatened by it

• Why would she be? She has a hot bf. I'm no threat to her

• It wasn't me

• i know it wasn't you lol

• There is something deeply wrong with that guy. She's probably just a bitch because she's getting a HUGE ego boost. Don't worry, you'll get a better guy than her.

• Or maybe there's something deeply wrong with me. I'm fit but still forever alone. She gets to eat what she wants, not work out, be mean and still get a good guy

• plain and not memorable, always slightly melancholy even when happy

• Yikes. Both are bad, but to me I'd pick you over obese any damn day. So wrong. This whole thing is so fucking wrong.

• If you put up a picture or two we'll be able to figure out if that claim is incorrect.

• Pics or it didn't happen.

What Girls Said 9

• Well first off just because she's over weight doesn't mean she's unattractive. I've seen many obese women lately with very handsome men. It doesn't mean they're any less attractive and really it's an opinion.

Secondly she's an egotistical bitch and really is ugly if she has the nerve to approach you and tell you that.

But remember it's an opinion and not a fact and I'm sure you're gorgeous =)

• and there are guys who love big women too

• Agreed Venonmm... I swear one minute we disagree the next were in sync again Lol

• You were putting yourself down and set yourself up for the trap which is a big NO-NO but she's extremely petty for taking the cheese which is an EXTREMELY BIGGER NO-NO!!!

That's not something someone says to another person even if it's true though it's san opinion.

But anyway don't listen to her some guys don't have the nerve to approach attractive women besides online and a few guys here and there guys tend not to approach me which I asked the same question and someone told me this exact answer.

Don't worry I'm sure there are guys that like you and will one day have the balls to approach you =)

• Honestly, she's probably not comfortable with herself. I bet she has a great personality, which is what attracts the fit guy to her, but has self issues and puts other people down. She can still be obese and be pretty, just remember that. This also speaks volumes about how you feel about yourself. one comment from an obese person, who you should've straight up told her that to her face after the said that to you, and you are thinking you're ugly. Don't think that way, everyone is beautiful in their own way. Everybody struggles with self image. You're a threat to her, as i'm sure she sees every skinny girl as a threat. Honestly you have to not take her opinion so seriously, and give her shit right back and don't take any. I'm not saying become a bitch like her, but don't let her comments eat you out inside. Also try not to judge her for being obese, if you're trying to be the better person. Hope i helped, even though i had some self conflicting statements.

• Obesity has nothing to do with her opinion about how you look to her

• she told you that, because you were trying to come at her guy, that's not cool at all.

• It didn't sound like she was asking about her boyfriend at all to me.

• @nollie that's what it sounded like to me.

• wow...that was mean of her...I'm sure you are not unattractive..every girl is attractive in some way.

• And you don't think her judgement is not to be trusted, if she is obese and thinks she's attractive?

• I don't know if I trust her judgement or not but she's the one with the hot bf while I'm forever alone so maybe she speaks the truth

• Some guys are attracted to all kinds of things. So she was lucky to find a fat admirer. Good for her. That doesn't make her attractive by any most standards and you shouldn't even think about her opinion when thinking about your own chances of finding love.

• Probs has more to do with her insecurity than your appearance I'd reckon

• She might be jealous. But just because someone is fat doesn't mean they don't have standards

• I think she just felt threatened by you. And apparantly in this world, it Only wrong to call obese women 'ugly' but if you call a healthy person 'ugly' it's completely okay by the society's standard. But dont let her go through your head. She's probably been bullied by people and she probably feels threatened by you because people tell her to lose weight so she could look like woman like you. And if she was mean to you, so what? Do you know her in person? Thinking about it is only giving you a negative energy while satisfying the bully so dont let her words get to you <3

• Yes I know her in person. I have to see her almost everyday.

• That's really rude. If she's your friend, she could've been joking. If not, then maybe she's just bragging cause she was able to get a guy like that and not you. I wouldn't worry about her...she's just another person trying to bring down people. I think you're awesome

• I wouldn't say she's my friend. She was probably being honest. She had no reason to say that. I just laughed at her but now I feel bad.

• I'm not offended. I'm always working towards improvements its just sad that nothing I do working, at least not when it comes to my love life

• I know how that feels. You kinda just have to trust yourself that it'll be fine or look for another way. It's hard but it is worth it, or so I've heard..im still working on things myself