What did you think of Miley Cyrus when she made Chinese eyes at the camera?

are you more of fan? less of a fan? who cares? whatever.

Most Helpful Guy

• that she could easily leak a sex tape in the near future.

and WHEN it does, ill be behind my computer with a box of kleenex. :D

What Guys Said 7

• Both my sister and I knew 2 different girls who were both Chinese and Japanese; One girl, the father was Japanese and Mother Chinese; the other girl had a mother who was Japanese and father was Chinese.

Both these girls used to do a joke where they would pull both eyelids up, saying their father (or mother) was Japanese; then they'd pull their eyelids down and say "my mother is chinese (or father);" and then they'd turn one eye up, and one eyelid down, and yell out "I'm both!" One girl did this in the 80's when I was growing up with her; the other did this in the 70's when my sister was growing up. There was the poem about Chinese, and then "my knees." it seemed like every Asian kid I knew was doing that one, and my sister would probably say the same for kids in her decade.

It was a silly kid joke back then, and a silly kid joke now. They thought it was funny. It wasn't an affront to all Asians.

I think the media is trying to look for a way to make her look bad, as a lot of people love seeing famous people falling from grace.

Frankly I don't care. She's what, 16? Kids do stupid stuff. And I think that people can be a little too PC sometimes, which is annoying, but other than that, who cares? Now, if she did this in public in China, about to meet some high dignitary, the situation is obviously different. She was with, I'd assume by the picture, friends. Her other friends are doing silly faces. To me, she could be mimicking the guy in the corner to the far right. He's just squinting. A bunch of goofy teens making faces.

I wouldn't think of this as a "Chinese face" either. She's making a bad squinty eyed face, like the 4 people to her right.

There was a commercial a while ago about a guy in short pants speed walking, and Mr. T was shooting twix bars at him from a jeep.

Gay groups got all over that, assuming this was some kind of huge affront to them. So, THEY were assuming that the guy acting "sissy" (short short, weird hip movement, bad yellow pants) was a gay slur... they assumed that the "effeminate" traits were behaviors of the gay community, so they were accepted the stereotype of gays as effeminate.

I know of effeminate straight men. My aunt walks really really trangely when she speed walks. To me, it was a commercial making fun of either extremely poor clothes fashion, or maybe strange speed walking in general. I didn't read that the guy in the commercial was gay at all. Crude? perhaps. But a gay slur? I doubt it.

Getting back to the Miley picture: "Oh, the guy in the red shirt is making fun of people with bad breath! He's making a face and holding his hand over his mouth! That's obviously an affront to anyone who has bad breath! All of the bad breath groups should be all over this one. Shocking!"

Really, was it THAT slow a news day?

• I think they blew that way out of proportion people see to forget that just because she's a celebrity she still only 16 who hasn't made Chinese eyes before? The only difference is she is followed around by cameras.

• Millie who? :-) Just kidding. I didn't see the clip you are referring to, but I do worry that people are way too worried about being politically correct. It is changing the world we live in, not in a good way.

Good Luck

James

• She's the type of celebrity I might care about when she turns 18...

• Is it really that big of a deal, she plays up that she's immature anyway, doesn't she?

• I love her in any thing she do.

• Never though much of anything about it.

What Girls Said 17

• Miley is yet another celebrity that I don't care about. I have better things to do with my life than worry about what she does. Who cares what she does? Do you care?

• what do I think? who cares. I dont' even pay attention to her

• well personally, I never liked her to begin with, so my opinion of her couldn't have gotten much lower to begin with.

I think she was stupid for doing that, if you're going to do something like that, do it privately, not in front of cameras. A lot of little girls(and teenage girls too) look up to Miley, and that's not something a role model for so many girls should be doing

• I have never cared about Miey . She has always seemed fake and well she can't even sing . I d0o0 think that they blow this wayyyy out of proportion though but hey miley shoud have thought before she acted also.

• Wow that whole thing was stupid. She really didn't do anything bad. They are way too hard on that poor girl.

• I Have never like Miley from the beginning. She has always been way to fake for me, so whatever she does...who cares.

• no one really cares about it...

like the people on here said

everyone makes some kinda goofy face at least once in their life

• Who cares..people make faces everyday and those who speculate otherwise have nothing else better to do.

• She couldn't think on anything better to do!

I don't see her a great talent so I pretty much don't care, just wish they

would stop becoming slutty for media after a while as fame hits the brain.

• i don't care because I think she was just being a silly teenage girl. that's like if people hated taylor swift because she dressed up like a gangster. who cares, unless it's obviously a horribble comment. some people are too sensitive.

• who cares. she was joking around.. probably didn't even mean it like that

people need to just leave her alone

• i honestly think that it was an excuse for the media to hate on her.

all teens have pictures some-what or similar to that

its not a big deal

• I don't care about her at all nor do I care about anything she does. She's a teeny bopper who will fade out soon enough.

• Nothing new. People have been doing that for years. It's only when a 'famous' person does it that it is scrutinised.

• Not a fan of her..

Don't care about her

• she's an idiot

• I've never liked her. Her real name isn't even Miley. She's just a bad singer pumped up because Disney is good at brainwashing kids.