Girls / Women : Do You Hate / Like Your Body... Yes OR No?

I was just chatting with a friend and noticed a lot of girls dislike there bodies... I really am shocked about this! So I want to take this to a poll on what is the majority of girls on here likes or hates what GOD gave them! Please be serious answering this question if you post one... Thank you for all posts..

• I love my body very much!
  • I want to change parts of my body to look and feel more "balanced."
  • I dislike my body!!!
Please post your thoughts on what you would change about your body,

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd have to agree with Justine there. I'm much the same way. Don't LOVE it, but I certainly don't hate it. According to quite a few guy friends, I'm perfect just the way I am and you know what? I've started to believe them. And I find myself a little happier each day knowing that, "Yeah. I'm good just the way I am." And it helps a great deal that I've got a wonderful boyfriend who calls me "the hottest thing to walk this planet." Cheesy, but it makes me feel good. :)

There is one thing I DO love about myself: my height. I'm 6' 1". I'm friggin' tall. And I love it. I'm SO sick of all these girls complaining about being "too tall." 5' 9" is NOT tall ladies, quit kidding yourselves. You can start talking about being "too tall" when you can't find pants long enough. You can start talking about being "too tall" when you TOWER over most guys in FLATS. Until you do, quit complaining about it. And go buy a pair of heels. They're so much fun. I own more heels than normal shoes. :D

What Girls Said 115

• It is well known that women, even ones that seem to be "perfect", have issues with their bodies. It is a bummer. I don't know why it is the case but I can say that the stuff we see in the media, particularly marketing, set this completely unrealistic view of what a woman's body looks like. Further when men pick a mate the first thing they look at is physical attractiveness. Luckily what they find attractive is varied and many men simply do not notice and are not concerned with half the things we find fault with, but we don't know that and we continue to obsess about how we need this or that to look better. I guess you could say overall the societal message is that women are valued for their physical appearance to a high degree.

• I'm in the middle. I think that every woman out there, has something about her appearance that she would be willing to change. I know I do! Some girls would change minor things, like the freckles on their face, or the color of their hair. (Both of which can be easily "changed" with make-up and hair coloring) However many of us would want to change more complex things, like the size of our thighs, the color of our skin, the shape of our nose. I'm not 100% happy, but nobody is. We can't be perfecct. So we deal, and mope! Guys, deal with it! Its a way of life.

• I've been told I'm too critical of my body by friends, and my family has often said, "If only you could see what we see". I'm not fond of my body, and I can't believe what those who care about me say. Right now I feel heavy, but I'm not overweight. I'm just not used to not being the one everyone says is skinny. Now I'm "average", which annoys me, especially since my closest friends are still tiny. Plus I weigh at least 10 pounds more than they do, and though I know height is a factor, I still hate it. I'm half convinced they lie to me, but then again I doubt it. If I could lose 13 pounds, I'd be happier. I still wouldn't be completely satisfied though as I have disliked things about my body since before I became "average". I do think I look better thinner though. Also, I'm supposedly average height, but it seems tall to me. I've always wished I could be short and petite. Then I feel plain looking, and I think I have wide shoulders. Those are my biggest faults-I have more.

That said, I don't "hate" my body. I just have a lot of things I want to fix before I am content with it. I've already started eating healthier (trying anyway), and if it ever stops raining, I plan to walk more. Still, that's not quite going to be enough. I need to work out so I can be toned.

• "I could lose 13 pounds, I'd be happier."

Wrong. You'd still be miserable.

"I still wouldn't be completely satisfied though as I have disliked things about my body since before I became "average". "

Exactly.

Losing a few pounds isn't going to make you instantly happier. You need to change your attitude about yourself and work from the inside out.

• I love my body and it is not perfect. What I hate are the ridiculous air brushed images we and our daughters are subjected to that paint this unrealistic picture of what a woman can look like. Even models say they don't look like themselves.

I loved that recent photo that was released of Kim Kardashian that had not been retouched. She looked great and she looked real. She did not have that flawless skin without any small bumps or ripples or a little extra something something in the wrong spot. Again, she looked great but she did not look flawless. And, for a minute, she was not happy the pic had been released in error, but quickly thought better of it and endorsed it as showing what a real woman looks like.

• Back then I didn't...But now I absolutely loooove my body!

I love my waistline

I love my arms

I love my butt

I love my hips

I love my breast

I love my thighs

...Thanks to Pilates, Yoga, Kickboxing, Tai-Chi, and Carribean Dance

Plastic Surgeons (Go F$ck yourselves) . I rather put in work at the gym, than make you prosper!

• I can't say I'm a big fan of my body. I don't like the idea of my naked body at all, and my boyfriend rarely gets to see me completely naked.

I'm ok with my shape, I would MUCH rather have a curvy figure than be straight up and down with no shape at all, so I'm thankful for the curves to an extent, but after having 2 babies and breastfeeding for a few years, there are definitely things that I would love to change. Dropping some weight would be a great start, and cosmetically I would love breast augmentation and lift as well as a tummy tuck. (Only because of the body change after babies tho.)

:-)

• It depends on the day. At times I feel like the hottest thing on the planet. Other times, I kinda wanna hide away and not let anyone see me for a while. Actually, it can get pretty bad. Especially those special days when we feel kinda crampy, bloated and lethargic. Those days where we could swear that our favorite jeans are a lot more snug today than they were a couple weeks ago, and you find it almost pointless to get dressed and put on makeup.. When I'm at that stage, almost no amount of "You're beautiful!"'s or "You look fine!"'s will convince me. Other times though, just having that special someone smile at me will make me feel like a goddess again.

But yeah, I work hard on my body, so I like it for the most part. Mhmm. every girl has "those days".

• I really like my body, but I just want it be a bit more proportional (although my family and friends reassure me that the disproportionately is all in my head). I wouldn't say I LOVE it, because I do have a lot of flaws (like scars from acne I've had for the past 9 years of my life, and I'm only 19) but I'm pretty happy with myself.

If I could change my body I'd make my calves thinner and my boobs slightly bigger, and erase all the scars on my skin.

I hope someday I can reach a point where I can embrace the beauty in my flaws as much as the people who love me do.

• well I'm satisfied with my body really, I learned that if I can't love my body, simple nobody will !

i gained and lost weight and now I'm just glad I look the way I am, I'm not skinny and I'm not fat, I have curves and I fit in most of the pretty cloths ( or at least I think so)

at some points I was very resentful to how big my boobs were or how my tummy isn't flat when I go to the beach but I got over it. I just love my body that way it is !

• Best answer! looks aren't everything and being self conscious about it doesn't help getting a boyfriend/girlfriend since it gimps ur confidence

• i'm alright with it however I believe I am a perfectionist and I'm never satisfied but overall satistfied if that makes any sense. I am confident however I realize there are things I like to make better or model myself to whatever the trends are like in magazines I read but yeah, I'm happy.

• i love my body, I didn't when I was slightly overweight , not obese or super chunky, just thick. I didn't treat myself very well. Then I started to change my diet and exercise more and be more active in sports and activities and watched my changes of myself for months, now I couldn't be happier.

• I don't like my body because I am 5'1... I know that I am not wide or fat, but because I am short my body parts seem wider than they are. I feel like my body parts would be perfect proportion if I was taller but I'm short... and since I am so short, I have no waist! I am happy with my face though, and my smile :) I just try to remember that I am my toughest critic... I cannot change my body so I struggle to love it...

• I pretty much love mine. I go through phases of wanting to change things, but overall, I'd say I feel pretty good about myself.

I do work out a lot though. I'm afraid it's almost an obsession. It makes me feel good though, and it's a way to positively use up my excess energy.

• Sometimes I like my body, sometimes I don't. No matter how happy I am with the rest of my body, I don't think I'll ever like my legs. For the longest time, I just saw them as fat. Now, I've come to the conclusion that they're not, it's all in my head, but I still don't like them. I think that's the only consistent thing that I don't like, everything else is just here and there depending on the day.

• I am a full figured woman and I love my body because I love what it can do for me. It may not be perfect to others but I don't care I am in excellent health and I go to the doctor when I suppose to so that is for all the people who think big equals unhealthy. My friends are smaller than me and complain about their body all the time trying to make guys happy. But my confidence is helping them to become more happy with theirselves. Guys swarm around me a lot but I don't give them the time of day.Plus no woman's skin and warmth is just like mine so ladies appreciate yourself so another person can too.

• i actually like my body, but I'm toning up and losing weight. I think I have a nice bottom, boobs, hips, and I love my eyes/eyelashes. I'm really petite tho, so I would love to be a bit taller... I'm basically working on my major flaws (weight) and loving what I have got to offer :)

• I don't like my body in some ways. For example I don't like being 5"11 and having size 11feet. Whereas I like my big butt and big boobs, and 50/50 on my semi-flat stomache (it could be better) :3 I think I'm fat and ugly but people say I am perfect and gorgeous that I should be a model.. But in some ways I like my body and in some ways..I just dont! :(

• I can't stand my midsection. There's just too much there for me. But you know, despite my extra "softness", I think my body is pretty nice. I've got curves, soft hair and skin. I'm not nearly as pretty as the superstars, but then again... I don't have a professional team to make me over.

It took me years to realize the unrealistic expectation that I'm being compared to, but it doesn't matter. My body is healthy and can support a life. That's pretty amazing to me!

• I put that I LOVE my body, which I do for the most part. I love what God gave me: pretty hair, beautiful eyes and smile, nice ass, good legs, and I even like my small boobs. There are some things that I don't like, but those are things that I have to fix myself and can't complain about.

• I like my body for the most part. I am 5'2" and I hate my short legs. Also no matter what I do my legs are big/muscular. I can't have long thin legs no matter what I do and I hate that. I love that even after my daughter I still have a 27 inch waist, I love my boobs and my butt so overall I am okay with me. Some days I feel worse about myself than others but I am sure that is the way most women feel...

• Advertising in magazines and on television usually shows these super-skinny models all dolled up & photoshopped and send the message that this is what is natural or beautiful. This is disturbing because the average model weighs roughly 20% less than the average woman. This leaves most women thinking that they are overweight and unattractive when in all actuality, they are at a healthy weight. With this sort of negative stimuli constantly being thrown at women, via posters, websites, or movies, it's not difficult to see why most women are unhappy with their bodies.

I personally am about 125lbs & healthy, but compared to girls like these --> link , I'm a cow. These women set impossible standards for the majority of society who are naturally curvy and BEAUTIFUL!

• i like my body right now, I like it when I am at a certain weight I yo yo sometimes. I like it, but I would def. like it way better after I drop these last 5-8 pounds. I hate chub, I only like myself when I am toned up which means gym gym gym for the rest of my lifeeeeeeee .

• I've had a love/hate relationship with my body. Not being particularly confident about for aloooooong time makes a difference in how you view you body later on, and for a long while I held myself to standards I would never expect other women to meet. It doesn't help that I'm a teenager- one lacking popularity. So there have definitely been times when I felt I was simply an unattractive shape- even though I'm well within my weight range. But I've gotten a lot more confident and fond of myself in the last year or so- enough to realize that as far as bodies go, mines pretty good. (=

Part of being a teenage girl is that your going to be bombarded with images and ideals of 'perfect' woman, and constant reinforcement of appearance as this end all thing (particularly in love). That on it's own can cause pains of envy for those girls who seem to naturally look perfect, and everyone likes them better for it... In the mind of someone less confident, these thoughts turn inward and just linger in the back of your mind.

That was a really thought-provoking question, thanks for asking!

• Sometimes I feel great. I have long legs, I'm 5'9, I can't complain about much things. But I haaate my arms. I guess you could say I have an hourglass shape (I weigh about 133 lb), but I'm no skin and bones. I have to go to the gym 3 or 4 times a week to stay toned and constantly eat well. I'll always wish I were 4 pounds lighter, though. Even when I'm in my best shape, I'll be like "Oh, just a pound or two here and I'll be set". It all depends on the day. And when you compare yourself to other girls.

• Hunnie, you are at the very low end of the healthy BMI spectrum. If you lost 5 pounds you would be underweight! You are the last person who needs to worry about weight, lol.

• 133? Whoa, you look much lighter in your pictures. I think your a good weight though :).

• Oh thanks. I have heavy bones I guess, haha.

• My body is fairly mediocre, in my opinion. I mean, I know my body isn't horrible, but I must admit, I wish certain parts of me were a bit smaller or larger. For example, when I see girls on television that look so great in bikinis, I wish that my stomach were as flat as theirs. I know I am not fat, but I am not as slim as them either.

• I voted B, I don't hate my body but I'm not in love with it. I work out everyday to change that though. I've never been overweight but I guess I wasn't toned when I was in high school and I'm much more toned now but I still always think I am bigger than I am. Also depends on my mood-sometimes I just have a fat day where I think I look fat in anything I wear.

• I LOVE my body! It's mine and it's incredible! Of course there are things about it that aren't perfect, but I will never be perfect. I love myself for what I am, and I don't need anyone else to tell me I'm beautiful - I tell myself every day. :)

Some girls get their confidence from other girls or men telling them they are pretty, gorgeous, sexy, whatever. But confidence in itself is highly attractive, and men pick up on it and notice you more, and being noticed, leads to more confidence!

• It is in the human nature to never be satisfied,especially women.If you are skinny,you want to be bigger.If you are a bit more on the hefty side you want to be thinner.That's just how nature works.That is also the reason for always wanting to strive to do your best at everything.To be better than you were last time.It all fits in the same category.So I guess it is a blessing and a curse.Overall though,I'm pretty okay with my body.=)

• Voted B. Simply because there are things I would/will try to change/improve with work outs and

healthy diet. Sadly I am a perfectionist and when it comes to the body I can always find something to criticise. I'm 5'6 which is ok for me, before I disliked to be a little bit short but I don't envy tall girls - better to be short! Because it's cute and guys like it =D

• I really love my body...I think I'm tall (5'8") and have really long legs, a long neck, but recently with all the bad "press" about thin girls, I don't really like the fact that I'm so thin...but I'm working on appreciating it... :)

• More from Girls
    85

What Guys Said 7

• It doesn't matter what you think, all that matters is what WE think. You know that scene in some boring to watch but incredibly sexy movie where a bunch of hot girls call each other fat and ugly? Trust me, we want the fat one AND the ugly one. Thank goodness that stuff only happens in movies, right?

• Wrong. its important that a person feels good about themselves. Why should anyone wait to hear what you think to feel comfortable . Its not about getting guys- by no means. Its all things one wants/needs to do in daily life- that's what a body is for:)

I like my body. Some peolpe think I'm too thin, but I love how easy it is to move and all the awesome things I can do. I;m happy with my looks & I feel lucky its easy to love myself. & Some people think I'm hot some people dont. Each to their own:)

• well I have had those fat,ugly,cute,sweet, beautiful girls but I think the main ingredient is "trust" these days!

• I like myself quite a bit, thank you.

And everyone else seems to like me quite a bit also... ;-)

Must be the genes. :D

• WELL, Well, well....

I read what the pole was about AFTER taking it. lol

Doesn't mean I can't like myself 'cause I'm not a girl. :-P

Ok, ok... maybe I should be liking myself a little less than the girls do. hehe

• Many women will never be happy with the way they look!

There's always -room for improvement-.

Sometimes for even the daftest of reasons. Or none at all. It's like an irrational fear.

Many women are also be overly-modest.

Other's don't like admitting they like their body as not to come over as conceited.

• yes that is the main fact about humans we all feel a need to improve what we have instead of being blessed of what we have!

• Judging by the way the poles are looking right now, the proportions of males and females feeling the same way about their bodies is the same.

Most (55%) feel they want to change part of their body or feel unsecure while 25% feel they love their body and 20% really dislike their body.

• My only real complaint overall about my body is that, I wish I were 6' or taller and had bigger arms. (which I will be starting to work on again so hopefully that won't be an issue much longer)

• Me too I am just about 5-9ish.. I wish I was over 6 foot tall...Because women love tall guys in general,

• hello there

• i vote c,i am tooo fat (231 lbs,105 kilos) but I am doing a program to lose weight,i lost 5 kilos and kontinuing.