Do compliments make you uncomfortable?

How do you feel when someone compliments you? Do you feel awkward or weird or do you take it in stride?

0|0
12|13

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes! Haha I am terrible at receiving compliments. I just don't know what to say.

I mean, when a girlfriend or a platonic guy friend compliments me, I have no trouble receiving that. Those compliments seem more sincere than guys who compliment me when flirting.

For example, my friends will tell me stuff like "I love your hair like that" or "That turtleneck is really working for you." But guys I date are more like "You're beautiful" or "You're amazing and I'm the luckiest guy in the world." Like... it's pretty vague and a little over the top, you know? I don't like compliments just for the sake of compliments. It seems almost like they throw insincere compliments at me just to get on my good side.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• Not uncomfortable at all. I like them. I'm not one to put myself down though. I know it's kind of a social grace for many to put themselves down or mitigate compliments but I don't think that's good for mental health. Basically people don't want to stand out or come off as arrogant. That's a small price to pay AND you're not ultimately responsible for others misinterpretations.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what the compliment is and who gives it really.

0|0
    0|0
  • I always have to ask them. How much have you been drinking?

1|0
    0|0
  • IRL: Anyone who compliments me always wants something. They also only compliment me on how "smart" I am which is a prelude for "can you help me?"

Digital: Anyone who compliments me generally wants something. When they don't I have no idea what to say because I'm not used to people not interacting with me for "no reason".

I'm kind outwardly either way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ik I am hot already so keep em coming. Pshh

1|0
    0|0
  • its a nice feeling u can say. everyone deserves to feel nice and stuffs u know. feeling good about oneself is always a good step towards a positive future

0|0
    0|0
  • They take me by surprise more than anything else - im not used to getting them. I suppose some could make me uncomfortable but after my initial surprise I think I feel happy.

0|0
    0|0
  • If their positive compliments they don't, but if their negative compliments I feel uncomfortable.

1|0
    0|0
  • I prefer more personal compliments rather than body compliments.

I cringe more if the girl says: "I really like your arms"

A nice "You've got such a nice heart" is better.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a hard time taking compliments.

0|0
    0|0
  • All these gangas saying it makes them uncomfortable are insecure.

1|0
    0|0
  • No.. I wish people complimented me

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• I like receiving compliments. But yes i feel a little weird cause i csan't believe how good looking they think i am. I think i am cute they will go and say " out of this world amazing" " what is it like to be so good looking?" etc etc, so how they react to me or the compliments they give. People say I am clueless to how people stare me down which is true. But somehow no matter how many times I get complimented i somehow don't 100% believe but i like getting them anyway

0|1
    0|0
  • Actually not. I like getting compliments. Of course some of them are not true , just to tease me. In any case , compliments makes me happy and I don't take them too seriously.

0|0
    0|0
  • makes me want to go back to my corner and hide.

0|0
    0|0
  • I only feel uncomfortable when they tell me I look like a model when I look so shitty.

1|1
    0|0
    • LMAO! hahhahaha that made ma evening x)

• lol u can say that. that morning kiss did lift away my coughing, now that im more concious of it. tankyu ma luver!

• I feel uncomfortable.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel embarrassed. I want to hide myself in a hole.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yep, weird/awkward. I somehow always think they are just being kind.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like it, it's super flattering and lets me know that people are noticing me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I look at them like "dude why are u lying" lol so yeah I guess it's weird.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes...very...haha awkward...weird squishy feelings LOL

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't want to say they make me uncomfortable, per se, but I don't really know how I'm supposed to react to them either.
    I'm always flattered, when it's legitimate, of course.
    But sometimes, they mean way more to me than what the person actually intended... simply because there are some compliments I just don't receive often at all so it really touches me when I do get them ^_^

0|0
    0|0