Is this a compliment or a plain statement? (A guy said it to me)?

Someone told me I look abnormal because I'm a short Asian but I'm curvy unlike typical Asians.
(5'3 . My measurements are 36-27-36) this is confusing because he said it in a tone like I'm a difference species but the fact that he says I'm curvy with hips seems like a compliment. It just wasn't said in a way that sounded like a compliment.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 3

• He's just flirting with you. Playful 'negging' as they call it is just part of the Push-Pull nature of flirting these days. The point is most guys are complete jerks or super nice pussies. Push-Pull flirting keeps a girl interested. Notice you're still thinking about him and the comment and even posted on a god damn forum. You're living proof this kinda stuff works. Obviously this all depends on the setting in which he told you this and what followed. but yea.

• them curvies is always a good sign. if he dont wanna get with chu, i could ;)

• Curvy Asians are rare don't see them often take it as a complement.

What Girls Said 2

• @Anonymous Just because he added curvy to the statement, doesn't make it a compliment. I wouldn't consider this a compliment one bit. Say if he supposedly meant it as one, it would be the weirdest compliment i've heard.

Sincerely,

Erotica

• He probably did mean to compliment you and he just didn't know how to say it in a way you wouldn't be offended