Does it count when an unattractive person compliments you?

Does it matter who compliments you at all? filler filler

what do you guys think of quantity of quality? I got it from one of the answerers

Most Helpful Girl

• Hello NO!!

• Hahaha!!! :-P

You say no, it doesn't count? :-(

• no i wasn't the one who down voted you , i actually upvoted you. i think it was the asker that down voted you

• Oh it is a guy asker. I might think he is cute. I have off the wall taste and thanks at ocicat

What Girls Said 17

• Are you implying that just because their unattractive means that their opinions don't matter?
    A compliment is a compliment no matter who it's from.

• Theoretically, a compliment is a compliment.
    But, for instance, does it matter if 20 good looking people ask you out when you're rejected by the only one you care about? The answer is no.
    So in the end it doesn't really matter if the person is attractive or not, unless he/ she is the one we care about.

But I'm not really a compliment lover.

• I dismiss them if the guy approaches me in a bad and disrespectful way but if he is a gentleman I most certainly accept the compliment!

• Wow. You don't deserve any compliments

• I don't mind who compliments me, i was only asking a question.

• a compliment is a compliment, no matter who its from.

• I appreciate any compliment I get. It doesn't matter what the person looks like.

• Of course it does? I don't see why an unattractive person's compliments wouldn't be genuine.

• Yep. If some car beeped me on the street. I would ignore. Of some crazy old or drunk or sagged pants guy complimemted me I'd run away. Im sorry but I can't can't take cettain people seriously. You would have to be completely genuine for me to take it seriously.

• A compliment is a compliment. As long as I find it genuine I won't think about whom its coming from :)

• I mean, a compliment is nice no matter what. Of course, I'd appreciate it but quality over quantity for me.

• Does... nott matter how attractive someone is or not. A compliment is a compliment... ?

• Is an individual any less of a person just because they're "unattractive"? No. So yes it still counts. A compliment is a compliment

• Doesn't count. Go for gold baby

• A compliment is a compliment as long as they are genuine and not some joke.

• Every good compliment is pleasing to the ears even if it comes from an unattractive person.

• A compliment suddenly loses value based on the attractiveness of the giver. ..ok

• If they are unattractive but young then yeah it counts

• what do you guys think of quantity of quality? I got it from one of the answerers

• Quality over quantity

What Guys Said 11

• Yes, it does, because she has nothing to gain by telling it to you. A prettier woman might be interested in manipulating you for other reasons, but when someone who is not attractive (per se) says it, you know it's from her heart.

I have gotten compliments from both types, and while when a pretty girl says it, it makes me feel good for a while- it's the less attractive ones who I know mean it from their hearts. Not sure if that even makes sense.

• Of course because the compliment is still valid. Even if it was coming from a robot, it'd be a compliment.

• Yeah, they're still nice. But they don't hold a candle to getting a compliment from the girl you're interested in. Not even close.

• Hey good looking what's been cooking? ^_^

• knottie i would NEVER keep your naughty questions unanswered

• Im thinking Im thinking. Someone likes to eat

• I take 'em however I get 'em, haha

• Honestly, a compliment is a compliment. An unattractive girl will generally see the same thing as an attractive one I'd think. They might differ in who they actually go for, I guess. But its impossible to make generalizations like that. One of each may like you, whereas two others may not.

• It counts.

But, it's kinda like when a restaurant you'd never eat at offers you free food for life.

• Compliments don't matter to me at all. I only care about getting what I want. Results.

• Free food? Im so done. Lol. And your profile picture is interestinng...(sidetracked...woops)

• A compliment is a compliment

• What do you think of thchowder's answer (quantity of quality) comment?

• If you get complimented often props to you, I dont. A compliment is a compliment for me and I appreciate all of them.

• Of course, but if it was a someone more your type, BONUS POINTS! :D

• Yeah hey I'll take it still feels good to be appreciated lol

• NO way well yeah if you just heard it n didn't see them but then if you just hear them and automatically think there complimenting you that's bad

• A compliment is a compliment regardless of who it comes from.

• i take it as a compliment