What is the best way to gain confidence in yourself?

I usually have trouble with my self-esteem and it is definitely something that I need to work on. I am mostly insecure about my looks which is hard because that is not really something that you can change unless you get plastic surgery. How can I learn to just like myself for the way that I look?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok, here's the thing about looks. As you've stated, there are things you can change. You can lose weight and get fit. You can buy close that flatter your figure. You can get a nice hair cut. Outside of that, it's largely out of your control.

Some people will find you ugly. Some people will find you beautiful. Some people will find you average. Stop worrying about the ones in the category that finds you ugly...they don't matter.

There will always be someone hotter than you. Take Angelina Jolie. As beautiful as she is, and as hot as she is - let's even say she's the hottest woman on the planet...Ok, so she's the ONLY one that doesn't have someone better looking than her...and even then, some people think she's unattractive. See how subjective all of that is?

What Guys Said 4

• Well for me, I go to the gym. When I gain more muscle, or burn off the doritos I ate last week, I feel good about myself. I can see progress.

Try picking up a hobby, that you can feel good about. Ofcourse, if you have worries about your face, they won't go away. But you will stop caring when you have something to be happy and excited about :D

• You have a bf. Your looks obviously work! Silly doge :)

• hahahaha Like A Boss on your profile

• I know. I cry myself to sleep every night. Why was I cursed with this face!

• Yea seriously, you have a bf, your looks are fine. I know we can all tell you that, and its hard to accept. Sometimes there is really nothing we can do about it, over time you will become more confident (can't say how long or how confident, but you will become more)

• Workout is always solution

• i found confidence by posting pictures of myself naked online and having people rate me.

• hmm I don`t think that would work for me because I would prob feel like it is just men who will say that any girl looks good. Plus I am more insecure with my face than my body.

What Girls Said 7

• In my opinion, it's a combination of things.

I think working out is a great start if you don't already work out regularly. Not necessarily because anything needs to change with your body, but the endorphins really contribute to confidence building. Plus, working out gives you that feeling that you're making a positive change toward your appearance, and it can alter your whole perspective. The blood flow really helps with skin and hair, too!

After that, I think it's about repetition to change the thoughts you always tell yourself. It's cheesy, but you need to make it a rule that you don't say anything negative to yourself about your looks. Start forcing yourself to say positive things until you start to believe them. Negative self-talk is so limiting.

Plus, it can't hurt to try out new makeup and hairstyles in the meantime and see if it gives a quick confidence boost!

• Personally, I think that if you have a positive outlook on life in general, you'll also feel more positive and confident in your own skin. Whenever you look at yourself in the mirror, stop worrying about your flaws. Compliment yourself when you look in the mirror. Smile at yourself. Tell yourself "I really like my eyes" or "my hair looks good today". Keep doing that every day, and find different things to love about yourself each time. It can be something that isn't physical, either. Like, "I love how passionate I am in terms of ---"
    The happier you are on the inside, the happier you'll be with your outside. Your happiness will shine through and it will make you both look and feel a lot better. :)

• Just try to accept that you are who you are. Do a rating on here if you want. (i read your comment about guys saying all girls are beautiful, but I also did a rating question once, and not everyone was that positive.)
    You say you're pretty insecure about your face -> rate your face only?

• lol but if they say that I am ugly that would lower it even more.

• I got 2 guys rating me like 4 out of 10, while lots of others rated me around 7 out of 10. Most votes count :)
      I think you look good by the way =)

• Dig deep, be honest with yourself...

What is the root of your low self esteem? It's more important that you embrace and be comfortable with yourself rather than trying to fix things.

You just have to grasp the concept, the way you perceive yourself is not how everyone else perceives you.

• I don't want to push plastic surgery. Simple makeover will do so.
    And try these formula..
    psychcentral.com/lib/the-self-confidence-formula-for-women/000726

:}

• Best thing, change perspective and like yourself a lot.
      No insecurities please.

• You have to believe it in order to transmit it

• When i feel ugly i text to my handsome friends do you think im beautiful or not. He texts you're beautiful then i feel safe. It is stupid but it works for me.