Does anyone do conditioner washing where you only use conditioner and no shampoo?

I have bleached blonde hair so it's pretty dry. But my natural hair was very greasy. I've heard washing with just conditioner makes hair softer and less frizzy. It totally does! But once I have some growth by my roots I can't go more than 2-3 days without shampoo because I get greasy roots :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Most shampoo are Alkali - sodium salt of LAB or any other synthetic emulsifier. Some premium brands use Potassium salt - just like washing soap and toilet soap. Potassium based shampoos are milder to skin, but conditioner is still milder form of the same thing. It is Ammonium salt. If you have very sensitive skin or scalp, you can use simply conditioner - it will work almost like shampoo. Basic Organic chain is the same, it differ only in type of salt.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• Not really no. It makes my hair super greasy.

• i don't but i've heard about this from some of my friends like some days they only use conditioner and some days shampoo and conditioner.

• I use both. I have natural curls somewhat wavy, so I should always have conditioner.

• Co-wash?
    Yup. Do it alll the time

• Does your roots get greasy?

• No my hair doesn't get greasy
      When I co-wash (once a week) it's usually to get rid of any salt build up
      it's great for keeping a clean scalp until my actual wash day

• I don't know what would work best for your hair, but shampoo is designed to remove the grease from the hair, and conditioner is made to add a little of it back so the hair won't be damaged.