Why do girls want to tan their skin?

why do girls want to be tan, well almost everyone, I've seen a lot of girls who do fake tanning.I mean I'm tan and I hate my skin color I wish I could be white.

Most Helpful Guy

• They think it looks good, but it depends on your skin tone. Some people force their skin to tan but it just damages the skin and they will pay for it later on in life

What Guys Said 4

• Because it makes me want to fuck their brains out. Next question.

• 1. it's slimming
    2. a bit tanned is hot

• ALL THAT MATTERS IN LIFE IS A GOOD TAN, AND BEING A SHREDDED KENT

• A big turn off for me.being great woth own color is great..everyone likes it

What Girls Said 4

• I think tan girls are very beautiful, but I also think pale girls are very beautiful.
    I always tried to get a tan when I was younger, but I'd just burn. As you can see, I'm ridiculously pale. LOL. So I gave up on trying to tan and decided to just embrace the skin I was born with. I think all skin colors are beautiful though. :)

• Usually to look nicer in important photos and events. (Spray tanning that is, not tanning booths).
    Or just for confidence, some people don't like looking pasty.

• I don't but most of my friends do it on special events so they don't look so ghostly in photos. Also tan skin makes you look thinner.

• Hides flaws.. Not my thing though, it's like robbing Peter to pay Paul.. You are tan now but will be leather face in 10 years.. I don't mind being super white, it's whatever.

If it's a spray tan, it's not that big of deal as you aren't damaging your skin as much but it's still a bunch of chemicals that will leak into your blood and cause cancer later so it's still not that healthy.