Guys and Girls, Is it ok/normal for someone of my age (16 going 17) to be attractive to older guys or is that more of a psychological issue?

Age ranging from 19-35
Me and mutiple of my friends find older guys attractive...others are disgusted by it

• Yes
  • Psychological issue
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd bet on psychological issues... Being attracted to guys a few years older than you is normal. We girls are more mature than boys our age, so we're attracted to (presumed) wisdom and experience of older guys. Now, being attracted to someone as old as TWICE YOUR AGE sounds odd to me. Unless you're talking about actors you're only attracted to physically - hell, I adore Johnny Depp and he's my father'a age, but I wouldn't really date him. If you're considering dating a 30-year-old, you may be insecure and see him as a paternal figure more than a partner. I know my mom and her sister started being attracted to older guys once their father (my grandpa) divorced their mother for a German gal he met during his business trip. They were trying to fill the void left by their father's absence.

• Yess..Johnny depp is so hot..I was just talking about him with my sister
      mhmm I got yea
      Sorry for your lost

• Lol my friend has a crush on a 35 year old

• Oh ok my mistake

What Guys Said 10

• Totally normal. A lot of guys prefer girls way younger than them. Young girls are pretty much always seen as more attractive.

• In my experience, it's quite normal. Sometimes, when I walk go for walks or play tennis around the local park, I'd get groups of younger girls just staring or acting silly around me. It probably ultimately depends on the guy. Some guys look a lot older for their age. Women are often attracted to older guys. They like the self assurance and other stable, masculine characteristics, associated with older men.

• yea..I see what their being silly about but Thank you

• why, thank you.

I hope you have some sympathy for the older man you manage to entice, when he's being pounded every night in prison.

• Lmao damn...I'm legal in most places

• I am in my early 30's.. it's normal for teen girls to get attracted to older guys, but the guys should be responsible not to do anything crazy. For anything, I would want to be friends with them and teach them how to be safe around the old sleaze bags.

• Its perfectly normal... I'm crazy about this girl in senior year... And its all so normal

• lol it's normal. Guys like younger. Girls like older.

• Most females seem to do that, I personally voted B). People should be looking for their same age group, I myself do the same. Not interested in either the older or the younger crowd, it seems awkward and weird to be at a different stage of life.

• Its normal age is not a factor in attraction plenty of 16 year old girls have bangin bodies not gonna lie but doesn't mean I would do anything no harm in checking them out...

• It's not abnormal... it's also not healthy.

• healthy? what does that have to do with health?

• Don't grow up too fast girl... you get with someone older than you and they'll expect you to 'perform' like someone their age.

• Lol oh sexually..don't worry I won't

• It's normal, I was attracted to girls older than me when I was a teen

• Yes, i'm 46 will marry any woman age consent 16 to age 32

What Girls Said 5

• It's normal. Guys your age tend to be a bit immature still, so it's only natural for you to seek out the men who are a bit older (thus presumably also more mature). But if I were you, I wouldn't do anything with the guys who are twice your age. It's fine to think that they're attractive and handsome, but I doubt you'd be compatible with each other.

• Yea exactly...maybe, maybe not..the world may never know

• I agree with your answer oppaoppa 100%. I've had girls in their teens get attracted to me. But I am in my early 30's, I wouldn't know what to do with a 16 -17 year old girl, besides being an older friend to help them out to be safe :)

• Yes it is normal!

• Im gonna say B after like 30 lol

• Yeah its normal. I always had a thing for older guys ;)

• Normal... I'm.17 and also attracted to older men