Should questions about tattoos be filtered out by software?

I've answered a fair number, and I've yet to find anyone who really WANTED any advice. They just want confirmation that they aren't in bad taste. Any opinion to the contrary just gets ignored..

So why even have such questions?

Most Helpful Guy

• The earlier GAG used to have a feature that used to show the list of 'similar' questions before the QA can submit a question. That way the QA had a choice to go through those answers to zero in on any answer he/she is looking for and yet ask their own question if they think their question is any different or they haven't seen the answer they are looking forward to.

The new GAG however, has done away with that feature and the reason probably is to allow maximum flow of questions i.e. freedom of asking for the users and also probably cause the feature in earlier GAG didn't really work as well cause most people would eitherway ask what they wanted to :)

There are times when most people ask questions to know an opinion from others and don't want to discuss about it which is fair. Not commenting on an opinion doesn't mean that the advice wasn't taken or heeded :) It's their choice.

Tattoos are a permanent thing on someone so everyone wants to be careful of what they are getting into (I've been mulling about it for years and yet to zero in on one lol). Hence, if they don't interact on opinions I think it's ok :)

What Girls Said 3

• You find those kind of responses on all kinds of questions, not just tattoos. You'd have to filter out stupid users for that.

• I think that logic applies to a lot of questions on here. People ask the question only to have their point validated. I don't think they should be filtered out, you don't have to answer if you feel it's a waste of time.

• Well, it's true that those aren't the only questions of that type, but in my experience, questions about tattoos are nearly ALWAYS not questions!

• You can't filter out questions based on something as irrelevant as tattoos.

What Guys Said 2

• Good point. There could be like a standard response that says: "Preserve your chances of being hired for a job. Don't get the tattoo."

• If all questions that had been asked before were filtered out GaG would cease to exist that very second. All the virginity ones are asked daily, religion etc... Mostly bollocks

• Good point...maybe there should be a filter there too..But the virginity questions aren't all identical, are they? I don't follow them so much..