Does your hair look better right after it's washed? or after a few days?

I feel like i suffer from "ugly after shower hair"
my hair is so unmanageable when it's freshly cleaned. it has no life to it and it's just.. awful.

but after a couple days go by it gets better. Then once i hit the one week mark of it being unwashed.. it's FLAWLESS.

I wash my hair maybe max. once a week. sometimes once every 2 weeks. It may sound gross.. but i guess my hair was blessed that way. It doesn't get oily at all.

Most Helpful Girl

• My hair is pin straight after I shower since it's still damp and whatnot. If I end up taking a shower and sleeping pretty soon after without really brushing my hair over and over I end up with alotalotalot of big curls. I wish I new how to maintain curls better because they're kinda of really pretty. But whatever. I just brush them out and end up with my regular wavy hair. Nothing fucks up my hair like humid weather though. Like right now. Or taking a shower and immediately going outside. I end up looking like a porcupine that got electrocuted. POOOOFY.

What Guys Said 9

• Looks best right after it's washed. And it remains very nice for a few days. But you don't wanna see my hair right when I get out of bed in the morning. Keep your eyes shut. You'll regret it if you don't.

• *sigh*

I wish I had hair to wash.

LOL!

Actually I have to shave it now. But I do miss the days when I use to be able to grow it long then donate it. In thoses days I washed it every day.

• My hair is always beautiful.

I'm Asian, that means by default we're born with anime hair.

• My hair looks better when it's about 1.5" and after a day or two. But hair is a hassle to me so I always keep it below 1" and shampoo every other day ish.

• my hair is a hassle to me too.. which is why i don't even have the energy or patience to wash it that frequently.

• i am planning on chopping A LOT off this summer though. right now, if my hair is straight it goes down a little farther than my belly button. i'll probably cut it to my shoulders. time for some change :P

• Wow that's some Pocahontas shit right there. Ya shorter will probably make you hate it less lol.

• I don't have much hair on top of my head these days. But I think my beard looks better after I get some conditioner all up in there.

• Oh.. for sure, the day I shampoo is my bad hair day.

• Hair... what hair?

• Nope hahaha

• That's disgusting

• lol everybody has different intervals.

• Once every two weeks? Do you sweat? Do you get dirt in your hair?

• i'm not rolling around in mud..
      i take showers daily.. but i just don't wash the hair. everybody is different!

What Girls Said 15

• Curly hair always looks better in the shower than out the shower. So in the shower, it looks beautiful! But once it dries, it turns into a frizzy jellyfish monster if it's not in Dutch/French/Rope Twist style. So for me, it looks the best when it's in a braid/braidout style after a couple of days.

• It looks good day of, but styles easier after a few days of not washing it. But that doesn't happen often because I always wash my hair after working out.

• it looks good until it hasn't been washed for 5-6 days and the bedhead won't succumb to the hot metal

• my hair looks better after its washed, my curls are more defined after a shower but then again i co-wash cause my hair can get dry really easily.

• That is why i braid it at night and ad aragan oil. If not i just get einstein hair

• Mine looks better the day of

• My second day hair is manageable. Third day is gross looking hahaha. I wash my hair every second day, sometimes every day.

• Hair product buildup gets to be too much. I use mousse, serum, and oil on a daily basis so if I don't wash it out it's all yucky

• when i use lots of product, i'll definitely wash it more often. but i don't really use any product on a daily basis.

• Well that's probably why it works out for you! I'm actually jealous hahaha

• Yea i can go that long without washing mine too lol
    What is oily? Hahaha
    My hair looks better after it's washed because of my many curl patterns

• My hair looks better after its washed. I wash my hair maybe twice a week. It looks fine either way.

• Right after it's washed and continues to look ok for a day or two. But then...

• I wash my hair everyday. They look best freshly washed

• I have to wash my hair daily. I know it's not healthy but it looks like crap otherwise.

• I like my hair better after I washed it. It just looks better :)

• You are blessed. I have to wash mine every other day. Your hair must be so healthy!

• i have thick, wavy/curly hair and it's more dry than other people's, so it's way more beneficial for me not to wash it that often! i've had people tell me how healthy and clean my hair looks all the time (when i'm actually at the 1.5 week mark) haha. guess what i'm doing works!

• Mine is sort of all over the place after it's been washed... like it's not "falling naturally".
    The day AFTER I wash my hair, and they day after that - that's when my hair looks its best... when it has SOME of the oil back in to help it shine.