Is this a tacky tattoo idea? Opinions please!?

I've came to terms a long time ago that I want one tattoo...just one. I'm working on being an actress so I just want something that I can easily hide.

I really want to get the inscription from the 'One Ring' from the Lord of the Rings around my upper leg...is that too tacky?

The Lord of the Rings are the movies that inspired me to get into acting, so it means a lot to me.

I've also thought about getting a quote instead, same place and also from Lord of the Rings

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future" but written in Elvish

Opinions please...but please don't tell me not to get a tattoo, cause it's already been decided.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 7

• You mean like a perfectly measured tattoo that forms a ring around your leg?

That would be a cool thing to put. I saw a guy with one of those on his arm once that said "What goes around comes around". I thought it was clever.

• I think the inscription from the one ring wouldn't be as personal and isn't inspirational at all. It's iconic, but that's about it. Maybe a tattoo quote for Hitler. The elvish idea sounds really cool and that's one of my favorite quotes too. Go for it!

• Ignore the lame ass anons. Sounds cool and if it has meaning to you do it. You don't wanna end up regretting not getting it done.

• It sounds like something you could grow out of and hate in years to come xx

• No its not tacky.. you came up with it and it has special meaning to you

• Hmm... I wouldn't get it get. It doesn't sound good, unfortunately. You do know that as you grow older your skin will stretch and the ring will lose it's shape?

As another anon has pointed out, you'll get bored of it and regret it later.

• It's not like I just thought of this idea, I've been planning this for over 5 years, being bored of it is highly unlikely

• Oh I see well that's nice :)

I thought you were going to have yellow or orange on it haha!

I've changed my mind, I think it's a really good idea!

• Haha thanks! Yeah yellow and orange would look HORRIBLE!

• Tacky. I mean, its going to lose its coolness in like 10 years and you will still have it.

Don't get a tattoo. They are just like graffiti on a work of art. None of them will make you look better. What is the point?

More than half of people with tattoos past a certain age wish they didn't have them.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think it's tacky. On contrary, I think it's cool. If it means something special to you and you've been thinking of this for a while, then go for it.

• If it has meaning, it's not going to be tacky. There will always be people who disapprove of your tattoos - screw 'em.

• I like it;)