Is this outfit appropriate for a job interview?

http://tinypic.com/r/13yov42/8

It's for a job as a server. New restaurant, so I don't know what their normal attire is unfortunately.

I have black or beige pantyhose I'll probably wear with it. I also have a slightly longer medium gray cardigan I could wear instead (the one in the pic is actually more brown in real life).

I'm mostly not sure of it because of the length and the small cutouts in the front of the dress, but I thought since the neckline is high and I have very small breasts it wouldn't be an issue?

Or, I have a black dress with the same neckline, no cutouts, but it goes down to almost my ankles.

Most Helpful Girl

• One thing i learned about job interviews and attire is dress like you are ready to work right on the spot!! What kind of attire do the servers in the restraunt wear? If it is a company issued uniform, then yes i think it would be as long as no cleavage is showing. But if the restraunt is black pants, white shirt kind of thing, i would go with something like what the require, nice black slacks, closed toe dress shoes, and a nice white non see through shirt/blouse. This shows the employer you are ready to work right on the spot (i have been interviewed then put straight to work right after the interview), also it shows you already have an idea of the dress code that the company requires and shows you are eager and want the job a little more than others. This will also show you already have the wardrobe they require and they dont have to wait for you to obtain the proper clothing for the job

What Guys Said 6

• Either one works. You might call and ask for them to send you a photo of the women's server outfit. If it's really sexy, you might go that way for the interview.

• I think it looks very classy.

• The length is fine, especially with pantyhose and I think the grey cardigan would look better with it. The cutouts seem fine to me and not a problem.

• Yup that works. I would think they mostly want to make sure you're hot and reasonably smart in that industry.

• smart yet still with an 'interesting' side to it. If it were me giving you the interview I'd not mark you down for it!

• I think it looks good. No worries.

What Girls Said 5

• It's a nice outfit and appropriate. I wasn't sure about the cut outs either but they don't look too revealing

• No it's a great length and design. It's professional without looking like you are over qualified. My mom managed 5 star restaurants for years and wore the same kind of outfits so you are golden.

• It should be fine, I work in a restaurant, you'd be shocked how many people wear jeans to an interview. That outfit shows you cared enough to wear something nice so that'll give you a step up.

• It's pretty good. The cutouts look revealing but they actually aren't.

• I Would Go With The Longer Dress Or The One You Have And Just Wear The Pantyhose