Office fashion advice? Dresses? Look good on me?

So I will be starting work next week. Today at oreintation, they told me most people dress business casual. The guy that showed me around was wearing a polo and khaki pants. What should I wear. It is summer and will be warm, can you guys show me linkes to photos etc. Im 5'3 and skinny. What will look good on me?

What Guys Said 2

• A blouse and slacks is good. A knee length skirt and a blouse. You can wear a blazer over the blouse. Heels, mary Janes or possibly sandels. But you have to check the dress code on that. Generally business casual is pretty easy. Just watch how much cleavage you show, and make sure your pants dont look like they are painted on.

• All kinds of photos to give you some ideas. :-)

www.google.ca/search

What Girls Said 2

• The nice thing about a dress is that most of them can work for both casual and business environments. And, in the summer they're nice and cool. It's relatively the same for skirts- you can get away with a casual shirt if you pair it with a skirt but that doesn't always work with dress pants.
    Dress pants also work- pair them with a nice top. But with summer coming, I'm all over the dress/skirt thing.

Here's what I generally do when I start a new job- I dress more formally during the first week (because it's acceptable to be over-dressed but not under-dressed), and watch what other people wear. Then you get a sense of what exactly "business casual" means in that office and you can dress accordingly. I gotta go with dresses/skirts for the first week for you- always fits the office (unless your job involves a lot of bending, standing etc.).

• I personally switch to dresses in the summer...

shop.nordstrom.com/.../3422714

The flare dress hugs in the right places and adds curves while still being professional. If you are petite, then you shouldn't have an issue with a higher neckline which is always good if you're showing some leg. Pair the dress with classic heals (always a fan of nude colored heals open or closed-stay away from anything shiny).