Are girls who don't wear makeup more attractive than girls who do?

I don't like to wear makeup, and when I do my boyfriend complains that I look pretty without it and he wishes I didn't ear it, but when I do others compliment me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the girl, depends on the person you're asking. I think many girls out there wear makeup and they really don't need it, they actually look better without it. I personally don't like makeup on women, as minimal makeup as possible is best. On the other hand, some women do need it more than others for various reasons and they look better with makeup than without, it all depends.

What Guys Said 5

• I prefer the natural look, but there are times when makeup is just fine also as long as it's not overdone.

• Make up can only do so much. Unless you're a professional make up artist or something, an ugly girl stays ugly, and a hot girl stays hot.

• Hahaha! Well it depends what the woman's face looks like in the first place.

A naturally pretty girl will always be more attractive than a plain girl after the worlds best makeup artist has done her makeup.

• No. People like to say that they're more beautiful without makeup, but the truth is they're not.

• Yup...I agree.

Makeup, when done well, will ALWAYS make her look better!

• Well done makeup will ALWAYS make a female look more attractive. :)

What Girls Said 7

• I think if done right, makeup can be used to enhance any girls looks. however if done improperly (not getting the right shade of foundation, not blending properly, having the colors on your lips bleed outside the lines, having concealer crease under your eyes, etc.) it can make them look worse. So i think if you're doing it in a way that downplays your best features as opposed to enhancing them than that is why he wouldn't like the makeup you wear. Now if you enhance your features well with makeup and still manage to have natural looking makeup than he likely complains because he doesn't want you attracting other guys.

• I'm not sure men know or understand every bit of make up out there and they probably wouldn't know what you actually had on your face if you were wearing it. For a man, so long as make up looks natural and pretty, then it's good. When there's evidently loads on your face and it's not been applied well, even if a man isn't clued up on make up, he won't think it's attractive.

Natural is always good which is why women spend so much on skin matching foundations and bronzers etc. so if you already have a pretty face and don't need or want to wear make up, don't. A guy will be able to see you look pretty with or without it. But sometimes make up can enhance your good features (blush, mascara, gloss) and that's what attracts men.

Or at least that's what I think! lol.

• Ahh, the old "men are dumb" excuse to hate on them.

• I'm not hating on men :) My guy friends always say to me they never know what make up women wear but so long as it looks natural it's fine :)

• this is true, my boyfriend actually said to me "well you're not wearing makeup are you?" but i was. he is not dumb by any means, im just good at doing makeup lol

• he probably just don't want you to attract other men

• I had a BF years ago that didn't like when I wore makeup, wore heels, nylons and skirts because it would attract other guys.

• i tink girls look better in makeup

• I am always in for natural beauty. but some people need it to be confident with themselfes. but there is a difference between make-up to make your beauty come out more and a mask of make-up

• It varies from girl to girl. Its all subjective in the end of the day