Are any brands attractive or unattractive on the opposite sex?

I mean like if you don't know them would you judge them or form an opinion of them based on them wearing say Abercrombie & Fitch, Sean John or whatever else?

I'm curious in general but am also wondering if people saw me in a preppy brand if they would think I'm stuck up if that makes sense.

Most Helpful Girl

• I love brands.

Guys in Lacoste, Ralph Lauren, Armani, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, Hugo Boss etc. always catch my eye. I love good quality and often it shows that he has a sense of style... But sometimes a good brand isn't enough if you don't know how to combine it.

With this said I do also enjoy guys in Abercrombie and Fitch and other similar brands as long as they combine it correctly and look good/comfortable in it.

I don't think people look stuck up in awesome brands, but then again I wear them soooo maybe I do look stuck up. I just don't like to wear stuff everyone has.

What Girls Said 22

• I think men look sexy in Hollister! When I met my boyfriend he only ever wore name brand so I've never judged a person by what they are wearing. People can wear "preppy clothing" and be the complete opposite of that. I think it mainly depends on what attitude you have while wearing those cloths.

• I honestly do judge guys for wearing brand name clothing and for caring about what brand they wear. I'm not even like that. I like to see men in off brand clothing. It tells me they care about important things.

• I don't like preppy clothing because it makes someone look like a douche...from my viewpoint...
    Also, hot topic (I don't mean gothic or metal look, but that cheap hot topic look) is just so lame and a bit sad...

• Yeah I wonder if people think I'm a duche sometimes lol. I'm not at all

• That's a normal shirt you're wearing...
      I was thinking more along the lines of a polo shirt - they scream 'douche' to me... O.o

• I know a lot of college guys where ralph lauren cause they feel they're too old for hollister, so I guess maybe college girls are accustomed to seeing hollister and AE as a turnoff? Also i see knockoff brands as unattractive, like cheap forms of under Armour or champion shoes or sketchers shoes and DC shoes are incredibly unattractive

• I don't even know any of the brands you named. Haha.

But no, brands don't matter to me. What matters is that the clothes look nice in shape, material, color, imprint, etc., regardless of what brand it is. It's just a name anyways. Some brands aren't even of better quality than no-name clothes.

• I just think people are generally trained to identify themselves as carrying on the brands image. Say how Calvin Klein underwear are identified as a hot model underwear look compared to the same cotton material used in underarmor is marketed as clothes to wear when doing physical activities.

• I just really think the name written on the piece of clothing shouldn't matter so much. The largest amount of the price disparity between brands and no-names is simpyl due to the name itself and the. You basically spend your money on a name and a logo.
      If the disparity was linear to the actual production costs, brands would mostly cost as much no-name clothes. I think that's something that should be considered when spending money on clothes.

Just my two cents.

• *and the "prestige".

• I think anything where you can clearly see the brand is a no-no because I'm not into designer shit. Anything Ed Hardy or "Tapout" just screams "I'm a douchebag!"

• Yes I don't like the big billboard as much! I did buy one that says, "Hollister California" but you know I'm from here so I like it. Plus I use to live an hour away from Hollister. Now I'm three away

• No not at all... I think I would be more turned off by say untidiness (dirty clothes, shoes or not showering) or crazy color or pattern combinations.

• No, but what kinds of clothes you is obviously. For most clothes it's not obvious what brand they're from

• I'm on my 24th hour awake but I missed that

• I mean what kind of clothes you wear and how you combine them. like the outfit as a whole, not where the single pieces are from, but you're style in general

• I think Ed Hardy looks really tacky (on either gender though) haha

• Yeah I hate Abercrombie

• I'm a discount store shopper, so I don't care a lot about brands. I just like it when the clothes look good on a person, are made of good quality materials and just don't have this cheap vibe that some do.

• i don't really care much for the brand a guy wears. as long as he pulls it off well enough that's fine with me!

• Regardless of brands, I don't like too tight pants, pink shirts or metallic texture of jackets :) other than them, they look awesome :D

• It depends on the age I believe. If they are over the years of 20 then I don't think they should wear any name brands from your local mall. And I don't think name brands define who you are. Wear what you want and what your comfortable in!

• No the brand doesn't make or break the person. The overall design, cutting, colours , quality etc determine it

• Ed Hardy and Aeropostale dry up my entire body.

• Love Abercrombie and Fitch on guys. Loathe. It.

• I like guys that wear express . It's more preppy

• I'm another Ed Hardy hater.

Also, not so into guys over 25 wearing Abercrombie & Hollister. They aren't fooling anyone about their age!

• What should they wear then?

• A nice fitting plain tee/polo/button up and good jeans looks better. Get a sweet jacket instead of a hoodie. A nice pair of dress shoes instead of sneakers for going out. I've recently had to update my wardrobe too, so I do understand how it can be hard to establish an adult style.

• I'm not really into pretty boys. I don't mind if someone has a shirt or two from some preppy store, but you can just usually tell when someone is a tool bag. Maybe I jump to conclusions but typically if you're all decked out in Abercrombie & Fitch, American Eagle, Old Navy or Gap, no thanks!

• Yeah I kind of like the preppy style but am not a tool bag at all lol. Actually I don't know that I have a style. I'm pretty casual but like how prep or surf brands fit me. I'm in my thirties but my body looks like a teen sort of (I'm slim)

• I find myself drawn to dark colours, modesty, comfort, and sometimes quirkiness. And while I can't say that I am repulsed by any specific brand, would rather not be able to know who designed your outfit from a mile away; anything flashy, bright, tight, or revealing is a definite no-no.

• It doesn't matter to me. I don't care about name brands, especially on a guy. What does matter is whether or not I find him attractive. If I do, then I barely even notice what he wears.

• Yeah I don't really recall remembering brands on females either.

What Guys Said 5

• I used to work at Abercrombie & Fitch and Hollister 8 or 9 years ago. Back then, it was THE thing to wear, at least among people of similar style. It definitely had a perception to it. I guess I was pigeonholed because of my "look" or whatever. Actually, I was "recruited" to work at those stores based on my "look", so I don't know if it's me or the clothes or what, haha. Basically they just needed blond dudes for the surfer vibe they were desperately trying to create at Hollister in landlocked western Massachusetts, hahaha. But my clothing style is fairly preppy, but often with some urban flavor to it, which is more my personality type. But people would be taken aback that I dressed that way but was from the city and was a big hip hop head and not the usual suburban rich kid that listens to Jack Johnson. I definitely had girls make comments about " oh, so you're one of these typical abercrombie frat bro types", etc.

• I know God, I just like how their clothes fit me. They are made for my body. But I don't listen to Jack Johnson or follow a preppy personality.

• If she's wearing expensive clothes, I expect her to be snobbish and superficial.

• I like this question because I know that brands do effect me but I can't consciously recall which do and do not; it's less of a functional thought and more of an automatic judgment. It's sort of like when I see a college age kid who has a BMW and I react to them differently but I don't actually formulate a conscious or even complimentary attempt at discerning their nature or the nature of the acquisition of the object.

What I meant: "Yeah, but I don't know how it works within me."

• Yeah see I've noticed thoughts I've had about people regarding the way they look in general and have really changed most of my preconceived notions although I still do judge a little it's much much much less.

• It's been a week and I didn't read the whole post so my context maybe off lol :S I'm so guilty for not reading old posts once I go to sleep :p

• There's nothing wrong with that at all. :p It's been a week; I don't exactly remember either.

• If she's wearing Lou Buton or whatever its called, Gucci, or Abercrombie $ fitch, I'm staying away.
    O and Victoria secret.
    It could mean she's high maintenance and I wouldn't be down to spend $100 on a purse for her even if I were a millionaire, cause that's just stupid.

As for guys, Jordans are a bad sign.

• That's interesting you think that means they're high maintenance. Lol I actually only buy my clothes on sale. I'm so frugal, but yeah. Interesting.

• O the reason I don't like that brand isn't so much the price, which I should have specified, my bad.
      I don't like it because the CEO is a huge ugly douche who only wants attractive people to wear his clothes. Even tho He's ugly as fuck.

• I know what you mean. Tell other companies to make clothes for thin people then :p I really don't care about brands.

• Pink usually has some sexy clothing