What's your opinion on Rihanna's Adam Selman designed Swarovski crystals dress she wore to the CFDA Awards?

What's your opinion on Rihanna's Adam Selman designed dress made out of a mesh of 216,000 Swarovski crystals?
I mean she was obviously naked, just wearing a pelt! I don't understand the fashion and the reason of it. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I love Rhianna IDGAF attitude! People will debate this untill kingdom come despite view being littered with double standards and "holier than thou" attitudes. I wouldn't want my girl wearing that, but Rhianna is an adult and made a conscious decision to wear that dress. Rhianna has the confidence that people should aspire too :p

• Yes. I agree 110%

• That is part of the problem. We have been preaching that people should be who they want to be without being judged for it, but now it is"understood" that certain people should act in a certain way. I actually agree with you Stacy,

• The way things are now, it isn't wise for anyone to wear that. I just want to know who we are allowing to be themselves and who still needs to follow societies expectations

What Guys Said 9

• "I don't understand...the reason of it".

Here's her reason: "Hey! Look at me! Give me attention! Hey! Right here!"

• It was all for attention, nothing new really.

• She wanted attention and she got it.

• When you gotta show to get attention, you're done.

• not seen it. what was wrong with it

• Naked naked naked

• Who cares?

• I don't really care for her but that was hot.

• i think it was a good fashion statement or whatever.. when have you ever seen a dress with just diamonds? plus the boobs who cares if she shows them!

What Girls Said 24

• I don't even know why they bothered to say she was wearing a dress.
    She was practically naked.

She believed she looked good.
    I think it just looked trashy.

But it's sad this is what people consider "fashion" or "hot".

Sure, it's "hot" for the bedroom.
    But no for public display.
    A hooker wearing that would be more understandable.

• Don't like it. It's a cry out for attention, doing anything to get on the front pages of every magazine again...it sounds like she was successful. What ever happened to women dressing beautifully and elegantly, without needing to put their genitals on display? It's quite sad

• Rihanna must have watched Britney Spears' old Toxic video before coming up with the idea of the dress lol

• That kind of shit can fly with Rihanna because she's sexy as fuck and has that badass, barbadian attitude, and everyone knows she's "so hard". She's an adult, and she's established herself and portrayed herself in this way for a long time and doesn't care what people think and does what she wants. Good for her for not giving a fuck. But if it were Miley Cyrus, people would be freaking out. Rihanna though...Rihanna can do it.

• I don't know the dress was w/e kind of tacky but she had a thong on and its like walking around on the beach. who cares if she didn't have clothes on. its just a body. everyone has one. i think she should wear w/e she wants. i have no idea why anyone would get pst bc of some elses clothing. very immature. if she made them wear it ok then they could be pissed, but she's waring it.

• She is trash. She's just trying to stay relevant, lol. Next.

• She tries to WOW everyone, she's already predictable. The only thing she's doing is degrading herself by showing off her body.

• How is it degrading to show off your body? We're all naked underneath, good on her for having the confidence to show it off.

• Yeah maybe she has the confidence to show it off, but its not giving her anymore respect than the little amount she already has.. plus its my opinion. i can say what i want. thats what this website is for.

• MANY female entertainers learn that their only real asset is their ass. I think that it's a shame such a talented girl feels the need to at times cheapen herself... it's one thing to be sexy/hot/alluring, it's another to be vulgar. Miley Cyrus also does this, but she has NO talent and has to do this, lmao! Overall, I think this dress was just all about being talked about. As an artist, I'd rather people talk about my work and not my ass, but that's just me.

• That girl is crazy that's what I think. It like lady gaga and that meat dress she wore a couple years ago that was also crazy. Fashion is sometimes strange.

• The less actual talent there is, the more there is a need to attract people's attention in primitive ways.

• She tries to stay relevant, plain and very simple. You could see her bare butt. That screams attention seeking.

• Now we all know every detail of her body :( Little bit of privacy would have been great in my opinion :(

• she's such a beauty

• She has natural beauty and ideal curves and body for a lot of females. The dress is beautiful, but it was a bit too extreme for my taste even though I adore her.
    She could have covered up some parts, but done is done.

Nudity is a form of art as people say, just depends of how much of embracing of your artwork you want to show.

• i honestly think its beautiful, but not for the public. I think she should of wore a nude material underneath it. She is beautiful, I don't know why she is showcasing her body like an cheap object.

• It was too provocative. Just too much. And its getting annoying. She is always naked.

• very sparkly !

• It's nothing that hasn't been done before. Definitely a bold move, which is why it isn't exactly shocking of her.

• Can you say

Attention whore :)

• I think its beautiful for her to have so much confidence. She just doesn't give a fuck what others are going to say. And no one can deny that she IS beautiful. She didn't do it in an trashy way. I loved it! :D

• I 💜 it! She looked gorgeous!

• she needs to stop.

• It was really gorgeous but she needed to cover up a bit more

• Just simply amazing, the best, and original.