What are your opinions on bikinis?

What body types can wear a bikini and be attractive? I'm 5'2", have an athletic build and have an average amount of fat. Do you girls think I should wear a bikini to a pool party or do you have other suggestions? And guys, what's your opinion on body types and swimsuits?

Most Helpful Guy

• Bikinis are awesome and usually look great on just about anyone. If you feel sexy, you'll look sexy.

The world needs more ladies in bikinis, not less! Viva summer!

What Guys Said 6

• if you can rock it then rock it. meaning doesn't matter if you have an average amount of fat or not, if you look damn good then rock it

• A picture would help but it sounds like you will look good in a bikini.

• They can give me boners sometimes and makes me self conscious that no one will see it.

• I love a woman in a bikini to wear she has very little covered up on her

• Sounds good but I believe that pics would make it easier for us to choose :P

• I like the 1960s ones. Boy-shorts are ugly but popular now for some reason, I think they make chubby girls look slimmer but they also look like those pull-ups toddlers wear.

What Girls Said 5

• Any body type is at liberty to wear a bikini. That being said, people who are severely overweight (or lost a lot of weight and have sagging excess skin) should be cautious of wearing them simply because society sucks and they'll probably get harassed for it.
    Also, another thing: if you're going to wear a bikini, prepare to have your body judged. Regardless of your body type, if you're going to put it out there like that, people will critique it. If you're okay with that, then by all means flaunt it. If not, then I'd recommend a more conservative type bathing suit. :)

• I think that the only body type that doesn't look good in a bikini is one with excess fat around the waist/middle. A person with a flat or toned midsection looks best in one. Since a bikini puts your midsection on display, to me it emphasizes it, so if you have a flabby or unshapely waist then it doesn't look good.

• That's what I was thinking too. I know I'm not super skinny or super fat but I do have a bit of fat around the midsection. Do you have any suggestions as to what style may be more flattering?

• That depends on the rest of your body and proportions/shape. If you have a long torso you may want to consider a high-waist bikini bottom. You could wear with a regular bikini top or a midkini (I prefer the look of midkini but whichever floats your boat). Because it's higher up on your waist, though, it may create bulges if you don't have a thin midsection, so that's simply a matter of trying it on and seeing for yourself.

There's also tankini. I love them and wear those for swimming. There's many different styles of tankini so you'd have to see which one works for you.

Then the one piece. One pieces don't have to look boring or unappealing. I especially like the retro halter-top ones. The same with tankinis, you'll have to figure out what type of one piece works for you based off of your body shape, torso length, and other factors. Check out shopyourshape.com. It can help you figure out what type of body shape you have and also gives clothing and swimwear suggestions.

• you'll be fine with a bikini :) you dont need to worry about anything. I've seen women in all shapes and sizes wearing bikinis

• Wear whatever you feel comfortable with.

• Bikinis look good on women who are in shape
    You don't have to be super slim to wear one but I think a person should be at their ideal weight. depending on the body type woman prefer to lose a little bit more weight for a bikini but that is personal preference.

I have an hour glass shape naturally so when I'm overweight or if I gain weight it's important for me to lose some weight because I want to lose it evenly all over my body for a bikini.

at the same time it does not look good on a chubby woman or a woman who is overweight I guess it depends on height.