What do you think about the owl and deer designs for tattoo?

I was searching about owl and deer designs for tattoo and I find a illustrator and art director http://www.justinmaller.com and I really like his projects.

His owl design: http://www.justinmaller.com/img/projects/thumbnail/THUMB__iiid.jpg

And his deer design: http://www.justinmaller.com/img/projects/thumbnail/THUMB__24ty.jpg

So, what do you think about the owl and deer designs for tattoo?

Most Helpful Girl

• i like. but not as a tattoo. sounds like a painful process with all the colors. id feel bad for your wallet too.
    i like tattoos that are simple. i like the bunny. get the bunny :p

What Girls Said 21

• The deer design is pretty cool, but not cool enough to just be a tattoo on its own. It's cool if it has a meaning, but just by itself it looks kind of silly, like "Why do you have a deer on your arm?" "Oh I just wanted a deer" "Oh...". It's neat, but it's not artistic enough in my opinion to be regarded as something I'd be willing to put on my body just for aesthetic purposes. If I'm going to get a tattoo just for the design, not for the meaning it is going to be a SLAMMING tattoo, not just something that looks kind of cool, you know? For me it would have to mean something. I don't really like the owl, it kind of looks like an angry doe with a beak.
    Hope I helped.

• its so great dude

• These are very well designed. But i don't think you get the same quality if you try them as tattoo. These are mostly computer based designs which means they are highly digital. You need more organic designs on your body because our body is organic too. What is organic, you can ask. I can explain it as simple as possible; It is something which has more curves, more organic nature.

But you can work with some kind of artist who can turn them into more humanly nature. So if you really want them you have to work on them. I personally like DEER one more. It seems more editable.

• Considering tattoos are permanent and can't be removed very easily I wouldn't get anything unless it had some personal meaning. Tattoo in my opinion should have special meaning, maybe it represents a family member or represent something you over came or challenges you defeated. If an owl or deer mean something to you then by all means get it if not seriously think it through before doing it. Also keep it simple and neat it shouldn't be overly busy either.

• They are very unique and pretty cool.

• Wow what a great artist! I like the owl one better it would look sick as a tattoo! It's really unique and even though owl tattoos are really common that will look a lot different then the majority! Oh and what I've noticed with my tattoo is the lighter colors such as yellow don't stick as well.

• These are really cool designs! But don't just go to your tattoo artist and say, hey I want this. If they tattoo it exactly on your body without asking permission of Justin Maller first, that is technically copyrighting someone else's work. Find a good artist who can do something similar, but adds a unique touch of their own :)

• those designs are amazing! although they are very computer based so they may not look as good as tattoos but you can definitely go for it! make sure you go to a good artist/pay a lot hahaha

• Do you think it might be hard to pull off the look in a tat. That would be my concern

• The designs are awesome and the detail in color is amazing.. I think I like crystal grump the best... the colors are really neat on that pic! I do like the owl and deer to! All are pretty sweet!

• Awesome in theory, but I don't know how it would work at a tattoo. It would probably look better in black and white.

• My personal opinion is that if these are like you're first tattoo's and you're not "that" into tattoo's then chances are that an owl and deer are more than likely going to be regretted. Trust me I learned from experience I got two a while back and I sometimes wish I could somehow cut them off. I just want my plain uninked, unscarred skin back!
    On the other hand if your already tatted with all your favorite things then why not add to your awesome collection:)

• Both will be cool... owl to me resembles a tribe kind of thing while deer is a innocent soul!

• I love the color on these, but you want to make sure that if you get something like that, it'll look good for a while and that may mean going in to get touch up colorings where you run the risk of scarring. Take upkeep into account.

• Never been a deer fan, but an owl would look amazing.

• They are pretty cool

• Cool style but try to get a talented tattoo artist that will make a unique design for you, using these images as a starting point.

• Sounds really cool

• Very nice! If that's what you want, go for it!

• That's pretty unique, I don't think I've seen many of them. You should do it

• id get the deer one...the owl one is kinda hard to tell its an owl

What Guys Said 14

• They are great pieces of art, no to ways about it.

But as far as tattoo a design. Sorry they won't work. Tattoo inks aren't transparent which is what creates the effect. You could make the design with solid colours in the different shades. But it might not look as good. I recommend you download the art and photoshop it (or similar) into solid colours. Or print it off and recolour it solid with pencil crayons. If you just go have the tattoo done you might be disappointed with the result.

• I'm not particularly a big fan.

I dislike colored inks and also blockish works of art.

Mind you I did date a girl who had a beautiful owl with outstretched wings on her back. It was a work of art and I liked it. It was however, one tone black and not blockish. It molded to her body which is a large part of what I believe gives a tattoo it's impact.

It's like taking a good photo... yes, the object is important, but equally so, so it the back-draw. You can't focus on one without thinking about the other less your work appear amateurish.

• The whole fractal design thing is cool and interesting, but aesthetically I think they'd be shitty as tats.

• Any owl means the devil and any tattoo means poor judgment.

Anything you put on you will say, not the brightest person in the bunch and people will watch and wait for you to do something else stupid.

• If they don't show outside a small bikini.

• The deer is really cool and my favorite. I hope you know a great tattoo artist bc there are a lot of small details that will be important.

• Both design styles are fantastic but everyone and their mothers have owl and deer tatoos on them already. In your pursuit of individuality you might find yourself plain average. Thread carefully.

• Get a classic butterfly

Go to my profile and answer my question! thanks!

• Good design not translate well to tats.

• i think there both really nice

• Color bombs are nice... multiple sittings though...

• My question is why in the hell would you want to get a tat of an owl or deer in the first place?

• The imagery in both tatts seem too abstract.

• Get one from an artist who can actually draw rather than compile a bunch of triangles in illustrator. beside that'll look ugly as shit as a tattoo.